Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always have a shovel, an Axe, at least 10 gals of water, and a first aid kit when camping.

The axe and shovel go on the roof rack (fourtreks mount) on the side opposite the hi-lift jack.

The water also goes on the roof rack.

I keep a first aid kit in the FJ at all times, but I supplement this kit with a more complete "trauma kit".

Many national forests are requiring you also have a bucket if you are going to have a camp fire.

Other items always in the FJ that are useful when camping:

Gloves, hatchet, knives, flashlights, tarps, rain ponchos, deck of cards.

There's more, but this should be a good start for discussion...

Maybe we can work up a recommend list of equipment for camping / expeditions in the FJ...

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
A cooler full of cold beer, food, a lighter, and a comfy chair! That with everything above and we are in for a good weekend!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Toilet paper.

Stove, plenty of food,kerosene or propane lamp, tent, air mattress, and a cooler full of beer. Oh yea, bug repellant. Gotta have that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anything it takes to make the big and the little kids happy, so I may relax.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. Who's bringing the chips?

Just kidding. Saw it on a t shirt once, and couldn't resist.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
A good tent. I am not a fan of sleeping in the FJ being 6'1" .
Some good trail food like jerky and nuts.

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Anti-bacterial hand gels. They can be used to help light a fire.

A little dollop, light it and watch it burn.

And a touque, wear it at night.....keeps the heat in and helps keep you warm.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
A cooler full of cold beer, food, a lighter, and a comfy chair! That with everything above and we are in for a good weekend!
That is why we go camping. No phones, good tunes, cold beer and Great FOOD! The chair is also good! I prefer a nice LLBean tent or a Cabelas backpackin tent if we just go the two of us, not the dogs. That is not too popular anymore.

Kim

·
Registered
660 Posts
And a touque, wear it at night.....keeps the heat in and helps keep you warm.
Saw that your location says you're in Canada. You definitely gave it away with touque. My roommate in college was originally from Manitoba and he said that all the time while everyone else called them toboggans or beanies.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
You can never have too many flashlights!! Did anyone mention water proof matches or perhaps a butane lighter? A tarp is pretty handy as well :thinkerg:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
A real good quality sleeping bag and yes, an air mattress for us aging campers.;)

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
A real good quality sleeping bag and yes, an air mattress for us aging campers.;)
Ahh yes... of course we (hubby and I need our air mattress now and I LOVE our sleeping bag. It is the Cabela's queen (two person model) we have used it for years and it always has to go with US!!!!

Kim

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I always have one of these. I own two, and they've *never* failed me. Indestructable, burns anything, simmers & boils, packs small.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
I Like the military style O.D green 20x20 with all sewn in floor and mesh screen windows and of course the king size air mattress! The 5500 kw generator to run the 8500 B.T.U. A/C unit and the small fridge and lights. It's awsome if you plan to camp a week or two! The generator is put into a small pit about 200' from camp, you can't hear it running.This is really overboard to haul and setup, will someday get the self contained popup which even has a small porty potty.

·
Premium Member
16,570 Posts
1 - 20 of 97 Posts