Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family is expanding and we’ve pretty much outgrown the FJ. I am trying to get an idea what I should ask for it. The KBB and Edmund guides aren’t typically very accurate. I’d appreciate some help.

It is an 07, yellow, 6MT. It has about 8,000 miles (not a misprint) on it. Pretty much every option from Toyota, convenience pkg, option 2, floor mats, backup sensor, hitch (never towed anything), locking rear diff, etc.

On top of that I’ve added an in dash Pioneer Nav system with DVD player, XM and Sirius satellite modules, Bluetooth interface, iPod interface as well as the interface to use the factory steering wheel controls. I went with a decent amp, upgraded the speakers and have a custom made subwoofer cabinet made for the rear that improves sound a lot without encroaching on the “trunk” space.

I added some nice sheep skin covers, extra power ports and audio/video ports by the rear seat so my kids could plug in video games if they wanted. I added a nice CAI and documented the performance improvements here on the forum a while ago. I added a set of 20” wheels and tires and even a matching spare and I bought a tire cover for it as well. The 20’s work great on the street and improved the handling quite a bit. Obviously not the idea off-road setup but that isn’t why I bought the FJ anyway.

I also added a Pioneer backup camera that integrates with the nav system as well as auxiliary backup lights. I upgraded the headlight bulbs and added a relay kit to improve the light output. I’ve probably missed some other accessories or mods I’ve done. It’s never been in an accident and I’m the original owner. I think it has maybe only been driven in snow about 5 times and maybe saw rain only two or three times. It’s been garaged all its life and it shows. I’ve used synthetic oil and change it every year regardless of how few miles I drive it. Nothing has been chopped up or hacked and all work was professionally done.

Any idea what a reasonable asking price for it would be? I've looked through the classifieds here but most have a lot of miles or less options. For those of you who have traded theirs in, did you get a decent trade-in value? Next will be what do I replace it with.

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
I wouldn't trade it - that always seems to be a way to get a lowest price.

From what I've seen, these bad boys keep their value real well, and with such low mileage and near stock, I'd be inclined to start floating it just a few $k below current retail for new (book). North of $20k for sure. Unless you're in a rush, then you can always ratchet down.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mir207. I realize trading might not be my best option but I would save sales tax of about 7.5% on a trade. So that is at least $1,500. Some dealers will let me privately sell it and then do a pass through so I get the sales taxing savings on a new vehicle. Not all will do that but a few.

I figure with the low miles and pristine condition I should get a pretty good price. Alternatively I could remove some of the accessories as sometimes they don't add much value to the price and then sell them separately and maybe recoup more or their original cost.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll buy you a couple kegs of beer if he buys it. You'll have to pick it up locally however in Georgia. You could have a real nice tailgate party! :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts