Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Excellent rationale!!! I have friends who are selling a SUV or truck because of poor gas mileage.

I've even considered trading my diesel pickup but when I figured the costs vs savings the numbers just didn't work!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
413 Posts
This all begs the question -- whenever the time comes to replace the FJ, what will you get? What if you had to do it now, like those poor souls who have had them stolen or totaled

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This all begs the question -- whenever the time comes to replace the FJ, what will you get? What if you had to do it now, like those poor souls who have had them stolen or totaled
That's easy....another FJ! 20 to 23mpg on the highway may not be the best, but it's not the worst. And when you dial in the fpm (fun per mile) that you get from it, I'll pay the extra gas costs. I'm lucky because mine isn't a daily driver. I only go through about one tank of gas a month unless I take the FJ on vacation.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Precisely correct. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
That's easy....another FJ! 20 to 23mpg on the highway may not be the best, but it's not the worst. And when you dial in the fpm (fun per mile) that you get from it, I'll pay the extra gas costs. I'm lucky because mine isn't a daily driver. I only go through about one tank of gas a month unless I take the FJ on vacation.
AMEN!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice but my dumb a55 is buying an FJ. I'm gaining a car note but on the bright side the FJ gets 18mpg and the Jimmy we have gets 14mpg. We will be getting rid of the Jimmy.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It may not have the best MPG, but it's way better than the Bronco it replaced. Besides, it has the highest SPG (smiles per gallon) of any vehicle I've ever had. I just feel bad for anyone who is in a financial bind, and is having trouble keeping theirs.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a Honda Ruckus to commute to work and home.
Great rationale!
Been talking to 3 honda dealerships to find one. Only one (1 hour away) will get them and all they have right now is 2 silver ones. I want a black one.

·
Registered
192 Posts
And when you dial in the fpm (fun per mile) that you get from it, I'll pay the extra gas costs.
I believe the correct term is SPM smiles per gallon :bigthumb:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Good call, thanks for sharing! The thought of selling my FJ never crossed my mind =)
Hope to have two in the family some day soon. :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
My decision to buy an FJ was based on these things:

1. It's what I wanted, plus I couldn't find an FJ40 I trusted.
2. I could afford it no matter what gas was at.
3. You can't put all your camping, climbing, and kayak gear in a Honda Civic. Well, let's say it wouldn't be pretty if you did.
4. Colorado looks much better in the Mountains than in the city.

Everyone should have read that article before jumping ship on their FJ.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I believe the correct term is SPM smiles per gallon :bigthumb:
Actually there is a special formula that applies to FJs.

FPM*SPM=FJ
MPG is only a byproduct

1 - 20 of 29 Posts