Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So lately I have been thinking about selling my Eclipse, and my beater Explorer, and buying an FJ Cruiser. I have to store my Eclipse in the winter, it's a pain in the ass, and my Explorer, well, it's an Explorer, therefore deeming it a stream pile of cow droppings. I want something that rides half decent, and something big enough to throw my two big dogs in the back and go out to the river, or roam around the country side with them, and so on. It will also be a daily commuter, as it will be my only vehicle afterwards as well. If you guys could give me some pros and cons to go from that would be great!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Got out of a maxima (show car) and a supercharged miata to get into an FJ. The only mistake was getting a 2wd. So I traded it in on a 4x4 FJ. I wheel it hard and drive it to work every day. I am never looking back.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Best decision ever. I had a Saturn vue as my first car, and it was a piece of crap. The FJ is awesome because its comfortable to drive and ride in, spacious, and easy as all get out to clean. Literally the only part I don't like about it is that dog hair doesn't come out of the cloth seat easily. But I just keep her in the back and it's fine. I'm telling you, you won't regret getting one.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I used to have an explorer. I vowed to never buy another Ford after the F**King gas pedal fell off one day as i pulled onto an interstate....yes FELL OFF.

The FJ is the best vehicle I've ever owned, even though I've only owned it for about 3 months ha ha.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
From when I looked at the need for something new to buying the FJ it only took about one month. Fun vehicle that does a lot well. You can do it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
get it! the FJ that i have now my dad used to lease it and now i financed it :), as soon as i bought i heard only good things about it:) i have 2007 regular one with RR DIFF LOCK, if you going to buy aftermarket stuff get regular FJ with RR DIFF LOCK, you can add A-trac button yourself for 60$ and not pay dealer price ;)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
man....do it !!!!!....I promise you you will not be disappointed....the FJ is an all around great vehicle for running around off road and cleanability after you're done...inside and out....your dogs will love it and you will too.....just pull the trigger and do it.....the only down side would be if you don't like 4 wheel drive (who doesn"t like that????)...as far as 4X4's go it rides very nice and out of the box is well equiped......

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Pro: Awesome vehicle
Con: Mod Fever

1 - 11 of 11 Posts