Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a TTSE & was thinking of changing out the headunit for a double din nav system with blue tooth & iPod connectivity vs finding a mount for my TomTom 720 which also does bluetooth & an iPod interface for my iPhone.

I was thinking of getting an Avic D3... still finding some at B&M stores for really cheap.

Is this something I can easily install my self? Can I trust the B&M store to install it correctly because alot of the times install is included in the price? I tried calling around to different audio places for cost to install and they all wanted too much... why is it 3 times as much to install a stereo in the FJ than it is to install in my E46 BMW?

How does it sound with the stock FJ sub?

I notice that the stock FJ subwoofer is tied into the rear speakers because when you fade all the way forward, you can't hear the sub.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are in California, check out the Fj Crusier Audio vendor section of the forum.
I am actually near them, but they are all out of Avic-D3's. I found an open box one for cheap & can get the extended warranty through the B&M store. However getting it installed with the vendor here on the forum is pricey... $275 not including the price of the steering adapter... However at the B&M it's $100, but I am not sure the install of the headunit is gonna be straight forward for them or complicated especially since I have the stock subwoofer.

The other option is find a good OEM iPod adapter... thinking of the Peripheral PXAMG adapter + an integrated mount for my TomTom720.

But if I can get the open box Avic D3, get a good price on install, it might be cheaper and cleaner of an install to go with that route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts