Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its a 07 silver FJ. TRD exausht, 12" jl w6 in custom side box, jl 500/1 amp, 3" list, 285 nitto tires, painted rims (just center) irdam with 2 lights, lucrum winch mount and 8000lb chicago which, breathers relocated, onboard compressor, speakers all upgraded to jl, bud built skid, HID lights, 26k miles, great shape. An idea on asking price? Fience car is dead and cant afford a new one so need to sell and get 2 used :(.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Afraid you're gonna take a reaming.

·
Kajun Kim
5,488 Posts
ouch buddy, I think that is gonna hurt.....

·
Registered
876 Posts
I'll give you $5000 - cash - money, right now. What's your PayPal user ID?

A.W.D.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Sorry dude, you're as screwed as your spelling! Just kidding!!! Don't get all po'd at me! The only reason I say this is because mine is stock and has taken a $7k hit in the last 6 months per KBB and a couple other estimates. Your mods aren't going to keep it from the depreciation devil. I wish the best though, hope you at least get what you put into it.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I wish you all the best... and I hope one day you can get your FJ back!
or.... get her a mini scooter? bus pass? sell you my kids car for $1000!
I did get a 93 Nissan 1/4 tonne for $500... excellent condition.
Deals are out there, you don't necessarily need to get rid of the FJ. Look around.

·
Registered
226 Posts
privite seller is your best bet becuase you might get a few more dollers out of it. I used to work at a dealler and sorry to be the bearer of bad news you are only going to get the depreciated value of the ORGINAL EQUIPMENT that was on the truck NOT the extras that you added. I know thats not what you wanted to hear but thats the way it is sorry:boohoo:

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Simple solution. Get rid of your fiancee. Kidding. Good luck with whatever you choose

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
IMO: Look at your options, don't know your deal, but think before you dump the FJ. I'm thinking right now if this was my deal, what would I do????? First.1: The wife/"Fience" would go before the FJ,(I'm not kidding here, not even a little bit). 2: Is there a car you could pick up at a used car lot some where, just for transportation until she can get what she's looking for & save up the $$$ ? It seem's to me like you have a lot into your FJ, Don't just hop off a bridge here, look at the big picture. All kidding aside, Just joking around here, Hate to see anyone have to give up an FJ, but sometimes "You gotta do what you gotta do".... There maybe an upside in the long run....In a year or two you may just come across a '07 TRD w/3,000mi on it,6"lift, new Toyo OC M/T's,FAB Four bump.'s front & rear, ARB locker in front, & too much more too list , all for $5,000 OBO, YA, I know this would/could never happen, BUT,You never know, Good Luck & try to hang on to the FJ. Don't know if this made you feel better or worse? Hope It helped..........

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
The fact that the '09's are right around the corner is gonna hurt you, as well as the current fuel prices. If you've gotta sell it right now be prepared to lose almost all of your investment in aftermarket upgrades on your FJ and get beaten up pretty badly on the price as well. According to Autotrader there are several '07 4WD FJ's around northeast Alabama between $18K & $20K.

·
Full -N- Down
641 Posts
As mentioned earlier, the best thing you could do is put all the original parts back on the FJ, sell it or trade it in, then sell the aftermarket upgrades separately. Otherwise you are going to lose all the money you put into the vehicle in upgrades.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:clap:well a god night sleep put a my mind straight (along with you guys of course!) I do love my FJ and the forums so I will try all to keep her! thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,534 Posts
I have to agree with MIGZ and Acruxksa. If selling is your only option, pull all the aftermarket stuff off and sell it here on this forum, then sell/trade your 'stock' FJ. That way you'll make the most money on a tough situation.

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
There are about 60-70 FJ's for sale on E-bay right now. Like everyone else said, put it back to stock and try to salvage what you can. You're going to take a beating, this is a terrible market for a fuel swiggin' SUV. I just bought an 07' with 38K miles for $15K loaded with trailgear sliders and TRD wheels, if that gives you an idea of how bad FJ sales are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts