Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
P. S. Looks like we are at least a week too early for the fall colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything is later this year. My peaches and plums still have not ripened.

Reactions: TrueGritCruzr

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,987 Posts
It's over yonder. Take a right at the rock, a left at the tree, and look for the Aspen after the dip in the road. Lol!

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
The map link says that it can't find location. No worries.

Do you know when you are coming? We are thinking of heading out to Moab Monday because the forecast is not good. If you do come we are about 8.5 miles up Last Dollar from Telluride. Good cell service and you have my number. We may do Imogene and Black Bear during the day tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
That looks nice. I was thinking Monday. I saw that it looked like rain and T-storms. Moab is about the same driving time, doable. Will you be at a campground there or finding a place out of town?

I mainly want to get away for a couple of days. Nothing much as far as trails, just park out there a bit and take pictures and stuff.

Keep me posted, also should I bring a bunch of scrap lumber for a fire? Moab would be a bit warmer and agreeable to Phoenix.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
That looks nice. I was thinking Monday. I saw that it looked like rain and T-storms. Moab is about the same driving time, doable. Will you be at a campground there or finding a place out of town?

I mainly want to get away for a couple of days. Nothing much as far as trails, just park out there a bit and take pictures and stuff.

Keep me posted, also should I bring a bunch of scrap lumber for a fire? Moab would be a bit warmer and agreeable to Phoenix.

Will do. Thinking Horse Thief campground north of Moab on the road to Island in the Sky section of Canyonlands NP right now but will confirm later.

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
So no reason to bring the kayak, PFDs. I won't be doing the river.

Fuel tank filled, new parts in hand. Going to install them next. I was going to fill the ice chest and 5 gallon water jug at the kiosk this morning. I was out of quarters, I'll do that on the test drive after lunch. We left the dog park early. An altercation involving a spastic person and another.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Several places to paddle between Phoenix and Moab. Also Kens Lake in Moab.

Reactions: rotorhed1

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
So should I bring the kayak? Is anyone else interested in going to Kens Lake? I might do it for a short trip, then grub in town?

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
So should I bring the kayak? Is anyone else interested in going to Kens Lake? I might do it for a short trip, then grub in town?

Both Bob and I have our Kayaks with us and are open to paddling. We are not familiar with the lake but we can probably find it.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Both Bob and I have our Kayaks with us and are open to paddling. We are not familiar with the lake but we can probably find it.

It’s just south of town. It’s also a BLM Campground and well signed.

141 - 160 of 181 Posts