Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally installed the 3rd Row for my kids (Thanks FJc335). Seems to be working out perfectly. Had to adjust where I hang equipment on the tailgate, but everything fits and nothing makes any noise.

Good thing I didn't buy the Sun Fusion color FJ because then I'd be driving a "Short Bus" for real! LOL!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
Photos? Sounds interesting

-OC
Every time I read a thread that you, Old Cruiser, have responded to, I get pissed off looking at you signature pic. It must be removed, or I'll tell the administrators that you are harrassing me. :rofl::lol: :cheers:

I also want to see photos of the third row!

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I posted some photos to give you all a clear idea of how well it fits. The big kid is a large 11 year old and the little kid is a small 7 year old. You can make your own conclusions from there about how well it might work for you.

PS: With this specific model seat, it would be possible to make two cuts in the OEM cargo area floor mat to keep the floor protected and looking better. I just didn't think of it. Removing the seat is kind of a pain due to the types of bolts used (hard to reach with ratchets), so I figure I'll dream up an easier way to remove/install it and then repaint that rusty base and fit the floor mat in too.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
NICE JOB! I've resorted to give anyone past the 3rd passenger a set of goggles, one of those stadium seat pads and some gloves to hold onto the roof rack. I'm thinking your solution would have saved me a few traffic tickets.

I like the home made rack you have on the rear door. Do you have a build or install thread for that?

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
First time I've seen anyone do this! Looks clean for sure:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How do they get in and out? Looks great, but seems hard to access.
I thought that too, but once it was in I realized that my kids have no problem whatsoever passing through the driver side rear (OEM) seat flipped down. When they are in a hurry they'll even scramble over the OEM rear seats without putting them down.

·
Registered
920 Posts
What's the legality of this seat in a collision? Say, if a passenger was injured? Seems like DOT and lawyers would have a field day with it.

Nice install BTW, and I like it.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What's the legality of this seat in a collision? Say, if a passenger was injured? Seems like DOT and lawyers would have a field day with it.

Nice install BTW, and I like it.
Good question. According to the manufacturer of the seat, if installed the way they intended, the DOT considers it as good as any other seat in the vehicle. It is very well made and secured to the vehicle IMO, and has shoulder straps and head rests too. I do not feel at all uncomfortable about my kids being back there.

Here's a link to the manufacturer's web site and safety information.
http://www.littleseats.com/safety.htm

·
Registered
920 Posts
Good question. According to the manufacturer of the seat, if installed the way they intended, the DOT considers it as good as any other seat in the vehicle. It is very well made and secured to the vehicle IMO, and has shoulder straps and head rests too. I do not feel at all uncomfortable about my kids being back there.

Here's a link to the manufacturer's web site and safety information.
Car Third Row Seat, Explorer 3rd Seat, Vehicle With Third Row Seating, Toyota 4Runner 3rd Row Seat, H2 Row Seat Third
Good to know!

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Lookin' good! :bigthumb:

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts