Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum is really cool. I have had my 08 FJ since 11/07 and really love it. I never thought I could get sucked in to spending tons of money on a vehicle or get that interested in offroading but here I am with over 11,000.00 in upgrades and spending time at work on a forum about my vehicle.I never would have guessed that my life would take this kind of a turn. Maybe it's mid life crisis.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
lol. It becomes a lifestyle. The forum just adds to the fun. You'll take that next step when you actually hit the trails with a bunch of other FJs!

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
Or maybe you just hit your life's ambition...................

and also enjoy your possessions in ways you never thought possible...........

It's all good. Do not adjust your set. It's supposed to be like this! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Offroading & being out with these great forum Peep's is enough for me.I couldnt ask for more in my life.The forum & it's members ROCK.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
$11K?!?? sickness...that's why my vehicle is stock.
Wow!! I'm impress. I've had my FJ less than a month and I'm already done the below mods

TRA CAI
Tuffy Center security console
Rear Storage nets
Side M pac Storage rack
LED Lights with Scan Gauge
2nd Horn

Still gotta get my OME med. lift, and some bud built skids.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
you'll never see me wasting money, risking my warranty and reliability of the vehicle, by adding aftermarket stuff. that's for dodo's....

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
you'll never see me wasting money, risking my warranty and reliability of the vehicle, by adding aftermarket stuff. that's for dodo's....

Good point. Everybody has their own vision of what his/her fj is going to look like. One of the fun parts of owning vehicles like this is making that vision come true. For some their visions are a stock FJ from the stealer lot, for others a lifted FJ, with skids and a front locker. In the end we enjoy ourselves in a creative way. I know all my current and future mods have a reason, so its not a waste for me.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Don't believe the armadillo guy. He's just being silly. He's is pretty modded. He's more addicted any most.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Hey Biff...you're on Calguns.net, right? Looks like you're in my area too (SGV). Let's hit up the trails, or the firing range sometime.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hey Biff...you're on Calguns.net, right? Looks like you're in my area too (SGV). Let's hit up the trails, or the firing range sometime.
Thats right I am. Defientely, let me know when are where. I've got a few new toys :armed: I've been itching to spend some of my ammo storage on.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Thats right I am. Defientely, let me know when are where. I've got a few new toys :armed: I've been itching to spend some of my ammo storage on.
The question now is...what will cost more, shooting the ammo, or the gas spent getting to the range? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
The question now is...what will cost more, shooting the ammo, or the gas spent getting to the range? ;)

Carpool sticker on the FJ :thinkerg:

·
Registered
641 Posts
This forum is really cool. I have had my 08 FJ since 11/07 and really love it. I never thought I could get sucked in to spending tons of money on a vehicle or get that interested in offroading but here I am with over 11,000.00 in upgrades and spending time at work on a forum about my vehicle.I never would have guessed that my life would take this kind of a turn. Maybe it's mid life crisis.
$11 K?! Pics and list of mods please...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A year ago I would have thought that spending that kind of loot on a brand new vehicle was insanity.I must be posessed now. I went out to watch the FJ Challenge with my stock FJ and attempted to do some of Claw Hammer. What A Joke, Hey if I,m going to do this offroading thing I want to do it right.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
I am with over 11,000.00 in upgrades and spending time at work on a forum about my vehicle.
You got off cheap....:lol:

Double that for me...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts