Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its called the PX10, i found the pics on www.sor.com, the spector off-road website, a great resource for all things 'cruiser. apparently it is a '98, 1HZ I6 Diesel engine, build on a 70 series chassis and drivetrain. i want one!

there are more pics at http://www.sor.com/SOR_98PX10.html and i have posted a couple in my gallery on this site.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
That thing rocks. But you almost have to look at it twice to figure out what you are looking at.... I thought I was seeing some wrangler/liberty conversion for a minute before I saw the grill. Kinda looks like a geo tracker, too...

I'm still gonna hold out for the FJ! Way cool, even if it isn't a diesel.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
All this worry over the color of something that half of us plan to have covered in dirt anyway! What is the big deal, really?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Percy said:
But you almost have to look at it twice to figure out what you are looking at.... I thought I was seeing some wrangler/liberty conversion for a minute before I saw the grill. Kinda looks like a geo tracker, too...
I wouldn't confuse that styling with anything but Landcruiser. geo tracker :confused:

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ToyBox said:
I wouldn't confuse that styling with anything but Landcruiser. geo tracker :confused:
Definately a 'cruiser. looks to me like it was meant to be a modern interpretation of the FJ40, i rather like how it turned out.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I like what they built for us, better than that... it looks so, so, european.

·
Registered
204 Posts
cheazhd said:
Sorry guys,
but it looks like a Diahatsu Rocky with an FJ grill.
Yeah. If you squint and look at the front 1 foot of it, it looks great, but then it just falls apart.

Still, diesel. I'd put up with some snickers from friends for that.

Cheers,
prat

·
Registered
378 Posts
I hate to say it, but as badass as this thing is, it probably wouldn't market as well as the FJ. You gotta admit the Fj sure has a lot of character that attracts many walks of life.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
bubbahotep said:
I hate to say it, but as badass as this thing is, it probably wouldn't market as well as the FJ. You gotta admit the Fj sure has a lot of character that attracts many walks of life.
Even if the FJ had no trail-ability, it looks badass! That other one, didn't look so good, you know the tracker/daihatsu thingie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts