Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what time do they light up? Turn signals? Parking lights? At night, all the time? Are they amber or white? :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
208 Posts
They turn on with tail lights and are 5 watts. can't tell you if the are amber or white.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coolcruiser said:
They turn on with tail lights and are 5 watts. can't tell you if the are amber or white.
Thanks CoolCruiser. I'll make sure that everyone sees them. Including me! I love lights!

·
Registered
208 Posts
No. but the ewd is basic and would not be hard to alter.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I've noticed them with both AMBER and CLEAR lenses... What will show up on the production models... Well, 10 more weeks, my friends...

·
Registered
552 Posts
Spike Strip said:
I've noticed them with both AMBER and CLEAR lenses... What will show up on the production models... Well, 10 more weeks, my friends...
Clear, as shown in the production vehicle at LA.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Regardless what color I am going to upgrade the bulbs to 55 watts and replace one lens with red and the other with blue then drive around after bar time pull over girls to get a date!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Roosterdo said:
Regardless what color I am going to upgrade the bulbs to 55 watts and replace one lens with red and the other with blue then drive around after bar time pull over girls to get a date!
Why do you think I am getting Black Diamond ;)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
granger said:
LOL, I dont care what the others say about you, you are funny:D

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
You're both pretty darn funny. I was thinking of replacing the bulbs with SureFire bulbs. If the mirrors are automatic and controlled from the inside you could really have some fun utilizing them as spotlights.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Percy said:
You're both pretty darn funny. I was thinking of replacing the bulbs with SureFire bulbs. If the mirrors are automatic and controlled from the inside you could really have some fun utilizing them as spotlights.
In my neck of the woods that's called huntin'

·
Registered
449 Posts
In the Motor Trend Magazine First Drive review, one looks to be lit up and amber in hueage.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
granger said:
I am thinking

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Looks like Toyota doesn't want us replacing the rear-view mirror lights:

from pg 312 of the owners manual: Do not try to replace the outside rear view mirror illumination light bulbs by yourself. You may damage your vehicle.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Pancho said:
Looks like Toyota doesn't want us replacing the rear-view mirror lights:

from pg 312 of the owners manual: Do not try to replace the outside rear view mirror illumination light bulbs by yourself. You may damage your vehicle.

Yeah, the stupid manual says the same thing about the front and rear bumpers.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts