Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the 4 pin wiring connector thing hook up with the skid plate? I can't figure out where it's supposed to go or how it's supposed to hang. The instructions I have don't apply to the Trail Teams/skid plate edition. The kit came with a metal piece that the pin connector is supposed to hook to. There is a hole in the skid, and I figure it goes through there. If you have a pic showing how yours is hooked up I'd really appreciate seeing it. I am just about doing hooking it all up, but I have to hook the connector up and put the skid back on to be done.

By the way..... thanks Toyota for giving me some pre-stripped threads on the bumper/frame where I hook in the hitch. 5 stores and 3 hours later I had to redo the threads. For those who run into this later, you will need a 12 mm 1.25 thread tap in order to clean it out so the bolts will go in right.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I didnt mount mine to the skid. I just shoved it up in the opening and will pull it down when I need it. I found that mounted on the skid the 4 pin hung down too far and was too far from the hitch to connect the trailer 4 pin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.