Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used to have a Ford Ranger 4X4 that I thought was pretty decent. Then bought a Suzuki Samauri (got a really good deal), man that little toy ran in the dirt better than my nice AMERICAN built Ranger. Then 2 wheel drives for a while. Got the 4X4 VooDoo AT,locker, Rack, lotta air bags, crappy Bridgestone Dueller HT slicks. Truck is way more capable than anything I had before. I haven't been in anything really nasty yet but I can tell it will handle it. I will spend the cash to build this one. I've had the truck 2 months and still love it. I lurked here for a while before I bought. I figured every one was excited over the new concept. I waited until I could get a better deal, glad I did, saved thousands (lift,tires,bumpers:) . First week I saw what everyone was talking about. Streetable (daily driver) but WOW, very dirtable. I drove a 40 once as a teenager (rough ride) so I know how far capable can go and this is out there. I will have this one for a loooooong time.:redblob: :redblob: :redblob:

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Welcome to the MODness :wave:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome:bigthumb: ain't it great.

UB

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Speaking for a lot of people on the forum including myself, we feel the same way you do.

Keep us informed on your mods, choices and more importantly your decision making process that led you to your selection!

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts
Just wait until you're 26-1/2" deep in muck and she pulls right through it. Your hands will still be shaking as you grin from ear to ear and want to do the Toyota Dance

...oh wait, that's the tomato dance. Well, you get the idea :D

And welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
Sounds like my story! Had a Ranger, then a 72 Chevy K20, then the Samurai, a Datsun 2WD. Finally saved the money and got the FJ. Loving it!

Welcome.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
My mods got so out of control. I didn't realize i over did it until I opted for a new body.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
29,995 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've learned alot from this forum so far. 2Kmi. and windshield ok, so far (knock on wood). Installed scangauge and it's very useful, getting 19-20 mpg just driving around town. Tried 87 and 93 octane gas and not any noticeable difference, but I fill up at around 1/3 tank and alternate between octanes so probably average 91 octane. Per lots of instruction on here I installed 12v recept. in back and used weather proof recept. made for p/u truck bed mount and looks and worx great. Wired to fuse block with "add a circuit". Very easy to do. Next mods will be hitch and stuff for pulling my sailboat. Truck came with "Predator step/faux rails. I like the look and they help the GF and her daughter in and out and not alot of rock action here in Fl. so I'm gonna stick with them. After the hitch I'll be looking at the BFG ATs and a minimal lift. Probably the sway-a-way front and OME rear combo. That's all the improvement I can think of so far. I really like the truck the way it is. If I find myself needing a winch I'll pop for bumbers but I think otherwise I'll wait for something light weight to come around. Right now I just think all vehicles are inadequate after watching the movie "Transformers" LOL.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just wait until you're 26-1/2" deep in muck and she pulls right through it. Your hands will still be shaking as you grin from ear to ear and want to do the Toyota Dance

...oh wait, that's the tomato dance. Well, you get the idea :D

And welcome to the forum :)
Right on! I went down to South Texas for an early spring turkey hunt on my buddies ranch. The rains caused the river/stream in the back of his property to overflow 23 ft but the water had gone back down by the time I got there. He got out his tractor to move some hog traps back up to dry land and challenged me to see how far the FJ would go before getting stuck. No problem since he had chains ready in the bucket of his tractor to pull me out. Couldn't get the FJ stuck!! Man was that fun. Even went back through the ruts I had made and still didn't get stuck!! Oh, and that was with the stock Duellers...
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Welcome to the forum, BEWARE there is no 12 step program for this addiction!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts