Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be installing my new ICON Stage 1 in the next week and have been thinking about trying to get more lift out of my FJ. I'm tossing around the idea of putting on some 1" rear spacers on top of the ICON coils and cranking the coilovers all the way up to their max 3.5" setting. I have LR UCAs and the diff drop already.

What possible issues could this cause? My concerns are the brake lines in the rear, various abs/electronic wiring to the wheels, and the tubing for my SCUBA mod. Are any of these real issues? And are there more issues, especially with the front IFS suspension, I should be concerned with?

I realize this could give me a slight forward lean, but I'd be ok with that.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
glad to see you decided to do the full lift
Yeah, I decided to just bite the bullet now. Figured if I didn't I'd be kicking myself in a month when I broke down and bought the rear setup at full price, with the price increase.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Popping rear Icon coils with the spacer on the top of it will not be easy. Make sure you`ll have couple of friends to stand on that axle :)
Haha yeah, you'll definitely have to disconnect the rear sway bar, and probably jack the opposite end of the axle to get those springs with a spacer in there.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Haha yeah, you'll definitely have to disconnect the rear sway bar, and probably jack the opposite end of the axle to get those springs with a spacer in there.
And have someone standing on the lowered side of the axle too :lol:

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'm finally going to have to break down and buy a floor jack for this project. Any suggestions, or is every floor jack pretty much the same? Don't want to spend a lot of money.

And anyone know where to get a 1" rear spacer? Did some quick searching and found 1.25" and 1.5" but no 1".

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I think I'm finally going to have to break down and buy a floor jack for this project. Any suggestions, or is every floor jack pretty much the same? Don't want to spend a lot of money.

And anyone know where to get a 1" rear spacer? Did some quick searching and found 1.25" and 1.5" but no 1".
Cornfed Suspension: cornfedsuspension They sell all kinds of spacers for 4Runner, but it works for FJ. Shoot them e-mail tell them what you need. Pretty good customer service. That`s where i got my 1" spacers.

As for the jack... i got this one: Amazon.com: Torin T82751 Pro Series 5500 Heavy Duty Floor Jack: Automotive Not the best one out there, but does the job and price is right.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cornfed Suspension: cornfedsuspension They sell all kinds of spacers for 4Runner, but it works for FJ. Shoot them e-mail tell them what you need. Pretty good customer service. That`s where i got my 1" spacers.

As for the jack... i got this one: Amazon.com: Torin T82751 Pro Series 5500 Heavy Duty Floor Jack: Automotive Not the best one out there, but does the job and price is right.
So what coils are you running in the back with the spacers? Considering I found 1.5" spacers for $50 I hate to spend $100 for a 1" spacer.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
So what coils are you running in the back with the spacers? Considering I found 1.5" spacers for $50 I hate to spend $100 for a 1" spacer.
Their pricing is wrong on the website, i got mine for 85 shipped. I run them with stock coils and 2 1/4" lift in the front. I know it`s pricey.. but is there a choice? lol You want to be level, right? :)

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Their pricing is wrong on the website, i got mine for 85 shipped. I run them with stock coils and 2 1/4" lift in the front. I know it`s pricey.. but is there a choice? lol You want to be level, right? :)
Ahh ok, that sounds better. I'll shoot them an email later today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts