Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
If you can, take a look at the inner fenders. 2007s are known to have fender bulges/tears. Do a search for it on the forum for more info. Also look for frame rust, especially in a snowy town like Denver with all of the salt put on the roads.

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
good price. check for fender bulges (do search if you dont know what that looks like). take it for a highway drive and see if there is any steering wheel shake above 55mph.

look for abuse underneath and see if there is any extensive underbody rusting.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If you have a favorite mechanic and have him look it over. It's hard to tell condition too well from pictures. Pricing isn't bad if those are the mods you would be going for. IMHO.
Best of luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
That price looks pretty reasonable to me. You never get money back from your mods, and it has close to 100k on it. and I would bet the lift has more than 1000 miles on it, but who cares. If it looks and runs well in person...sounds like a good deal!

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
I agree, great deal if its what he says. Agreed check underneath for excessive rust, fender tear/bulge. Get carfax for accidents, title history, etc. you can also check a number of panels that have a vin sticker to make sure they all match to determine accidents not reported.

If it all checks out, that's a good deal :rocker: He says obo. 16 cash in hand tell him :smokin:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Truck is barely above stock but that sounds like a decent price. Like everybody says look it over careful, good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good guys. I have a buddy that is a really good certified GM mechanic and knows his stuff. I will check out all the stuff you guys mentioned! Thanks for the good words!

The mods I would do, right now, are a lift, wheels and tires, front and rear bumpers, blacked out roof and suspension. So that is getting there.

We shall see. I am out of town at the moment and won't be able to get to it for a week. If it disappears I am sure another with pop up.

Thanks guys.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
-My first impressions are that it has not been wheeled hard because it still has the stock "bling" plate.

-I have bros with that CAI and they like it

-I didn't see any fender rips when I enlarged the picture.

-it has a snowboard rack :D

-the power steering fliud looks a bit low.

-Go For it!!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Not bad. Very similar to the last one. It has the same OME lift on it. I say test drive both an pick which one you like more. :bigthumb: The dealership one does have 3,000 more miles on it though. I think it will come down to if you want an automatic or a manual. The Craigslist one, IMHO, looks cooler with the black stock alloys and blacked out trim. But honestly you'll probably end up buying a new bumper and then it's just a matter of Plasti-Dipping your mirrors. So like I said, do you want an AT or an MT, that is the question. :lol:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
I think it will come down to if you want an automatic or a manual. The Craigslist one, IMHO, looks cooler with the black stock alloys and blacked out trim.
I'd look closely at the blacked out wheels, they look like they were spraypainted. Also, once you talk them down on the price for the '08 / Auto (~$18K), you're in the ballpark. Plus, the '08 is loaded:

http://images.cobaltgroup.com/9/3/4/6489752439.jpg

Unless there's a significant mechanical problem with the '08, I'd get that one instead. Toyota fixed a lot of things from '07 to '08, and for any kind of hard wheeling you want the automatic anyway.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Id go with the 08.... Knock them down to 18k... The rig is a year newer, and comes with a 2yr warranty.... fr me that woulkd be worth alot... Just make sure what the warranty covers...

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
The 08 indeed looks better long as the price comes down. For ~21 grand you should be at like 50K miles.... so they can work with it some for sure.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the advice gentlemen! I agree the price on the 08 is high and should have no problem getting them down. Personally I like the 08 more, it looks cleaner, it's loaded with all the options and even though it isn't blacked out, it is easy to change that either with a new bumper, pd or a couple other options. Thanks for the support in the infant stage of this addiction!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 39 Posts