Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
I'd also like to thank Brandon for puting this together,Chris (Archy Chris) for your help with the event and for the crazy archy stories man,you have a crazy job and an awesome attitude!!.The FJ trail teams for their support and leadership on the trails,great job guys!!!.It was a pleasure meeting everyone,Kevin(FatBrat40)and wife were awesome,Ron and his wife cracked me up and were a pleasure to hang with,Brenda and her husband,Chris and all the others I met,I couldn't thank you enough for making me feel at home the way you all did.I hated having to leave a little earlier but I had a Looooong drive home.Hope to wheel with you all again,

Peps

· Registered
24 Posts
Well, I definitely had a great time. Many thanks to Brandon and Desert Sun for their hard wok in putting this together. And thanks to the Trail Team (Chris, Rod, and all). They made the event not just enjoyable, but also educational. The trails were a perfect mix of mild to wild. Until Number 5 hard (which I did the first morning), I wasn't totally sure how much the FJ could handle, so it was reassuring to watch someone go first.

It was also interesting to see the trails on the Garmin Quest 2. Funny thing...the trail going to the radio tower was not on a road in the Quest data base. But as we went along, it left a line where we had been...sort of like breadcrumbs. It's sort of reassuring to know that one can always turn around and back track to civilization.

The scenery was great, the cook outs just right, the giveaways were terrific, and I even enjoyed playing the Team's Epiphone Acoustic.

At this point, I can't imagine that I won't do it again next year. My only suggestion- How about making it a semi-annual event? It would be great (and scenic) to tackle those trails covered in snow, say in November. Now that would be fun!

· Registered
13 Posts
I, too, would like to thank Brandon, Neil, Rachel from Desert Sun for a super event. Chris & Robbie by name and the rest of the Central FJ Cruiser Trail team for a safe and informative excursions into the hills of Ruidoso. It was a hoot! Thanks FatBrat40 & Vicki for lunch (check out your picture). Thanks Peps for the AllPro swag ....gotta wait until I reprune the money tree for some of the goodies you all have. Oh, sorry about the ticket, can it be written off as a business expense? :cheers:

Attachments

· Registered
147 Posts
Thanks Peps for the AllPro swag ....gotta wait until I reprune the money tree for some of the goodies you all have. Oh, sorry about the ticket, can it be written off as a business expense? :cheers:
Hmm,hadn't thought about that I guess I could give it a shot,huh?...And no problem on the swag man,it was my pleasure wheelin' with you all!!!!!

· Premium Member
17,677 Posts
Peps,
I enjoyed meeting you and I had a blast riding with you in the All-Pro FJ. Awesome rig and it was nice to look at all the FJ accessories you had on it. To bad you had to leave early, we had some great stories being told around the campfire that night. I look forward to hanging with you at some other future FJ Cruiser event. I hope all is well with the AZ ticket? I will be touch by phone somtime this week to order more goodies from All-Pro.
chris

· Premium Member
17,677 Posts
I just received the "Thrill on the Hill 2007 DVD" yesterday in the mail. I would like to thank Brandon for a well done product. I know that this will be a hit with all those who attended the event. Can't wait until next year. Once again thanks Brandon and thanks to Desert Sun Motors for picking up the tab on this one. chris

· Registered
635 Posts
I got my Thrill on the Hill DVD yesterday too! Its great!
Thanks again to Brandon, Desert Sun Toyota, Chris and all the volunteers! It was my first off road rally and the first time I really tested my FJ and I am so hooked. Already looking forward to next year.

· Premium Member
17,677 Posts
Thanks TomasMas! When the participants from the "Thrill on the Hill 2007" get the DVD, I believe they will be quite impressed. I like the short snippets on the various FJ Cruiser people and from the Toyota Trail Team. It is a very well done presentation on the FJ Event. Can't wait until next year. chris

· Registered
626 Posts
Hey - has anyone heard about if this is gonna happen again - I am already planning my Memorial Day weekend to be there - hope Brandon and Chris are willing to put their efforts into this again - It was a GREAT time!

· Registered
801 Posts
41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.