Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has a throttle body spacer on there fj? If so has anyone noticed any more power or torque? I had one on a 00 dodge dakota with a 4.7v8 with an cai and I had no low end at all, has anyone noticed the same thing. Oh and another thing do they make aftermarket throttle bodies yet or at all?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I had a Helix Power Tower TBS dyno tested when I had my Unichip custom tuned. The results were a little inconsistent. The opinion of the my tuner was that you would be unable to tell the difference either way.

A number of people are running these on the forum. Some say they notice it for sure, others say it didn't do anything other than make a whining noise. I chose not to install mine and I gave it away to another Forum member. I would say spend your money on something else..... but it is your money sooooo.....

If you do a search for these you will get a bunch of threads on the topic. Here is a link to the thread with the dyno charts for the unichip and the TBS

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/engine-performance/44254-unichip-computer-module-5.html

·
Premium Member
6,533 Posts
Welcome 08toyofj. If you run a search on "throttle body spacer" you will find many threads and basically what ToledoFJ has already stated. Some think they work, others do not, some here a whistle, some don't. Do you like Chocolate or Vanilla? It's one of those things.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think that most people that heard the whistle had installed them backwards......

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Airaid makes one for the FJ, but it really doesn't do anything to improve the performance of the vehicle, all it really does is just moves your throttle body about an inch forward.:simmadown:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts