Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
i just wanted to say that the way u blacked out ur rims r amazing guess what?
it is the same way quarter mile do there rims for really expensive cars like lambos and ferearis they tend to leave a thin line (of any color) around the NEW color niceee!

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
i just wanted to say that the way u blacked out ur rims r amazing guess what?
it is the same way quarter mile do there rims for really expensive cars like lambos and ferearis they tend to leave a thin line (of any color) around the NEW color niceee!
Thanks! It was a bit more time consuming than just going all black, but I really like that pattern... I'll start asking people on the trail now, "for a beer - what do my truck and a lambo have in common?" :lol:

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
October 6, 2007 - AZFJ Mod Party at homedad's!

Sitting around with nothing to do amongst a bunch of nicely modded trucks getting yet more mods was... well, kinda boring. There MUST be something I could do to mine... hmmm, I wonder what's under the rear bumper...

Tada! While I was at it, I sawzall'd the exhaust shorter...

After a quick rinse...

Relive the hilarity of my posting about this mod here...

October 7, 2007 - Willow Springs Road

Fun dirt route back to Tucson...

October 13, 2007 - Body Spray Paint and Fender Plastic Removal

To at least sort of clean up the looks of my ULTIMATE BUMPER MOD, I painted the corners of the body flat black...

Byebye plastic... (no reason for this other than looks, curiosity)

October 14, 2007 - Trail 4436, Chimney Rock Loop, Alamo Springs

This remains one of the greatest days of wheeling I've experienced... many firsts for me.

Last night I'd wheeled down to the end where I was pretty certain I would not be bothered and set up camp... despite appearances, this was a truly epic and momentous campsite. Yes, the first time I'd ever really been camping in my life! :D

I was supposed to meet TrAiLbUs1 to run Chimney Rock Loop, but when he showed up in this...

...I knew something was wrong. His FJ was out of commission for the day, and he came out so I wouldn't be left waiting at the meeting spot.

Despite JEEBUS's warnings and tales of his own receiving body damage there, I decided to head out and do Alamo myself...

It was FUN!

I was basically scared to death the whole time, what a rush... everything went fine except for one spot where my choosing of lines on the basis of not having sliders put my passenger's side into a tree... :worried:

***CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE THE NARRATIVE***

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Only JEEBUS wheels Civics... :lol:

Another funny story from that day... a officer of some kind (don't remember, Sheriff I think) rolled by and stopped to make sure Jake wasn't trying to take the Civic down the trail since it was parked at the entrance and pointed that way. :rofl:

·
Banned
3,591 Posts
Good stuff Mike....Ty is in quite a few of your photos....and he is PROUD of you!!!

he spotted the Three feathers shot with him spotting....he says "hey dad...If Mike would have listened to me he would have made it up that"

I love my kids!!!!!!

My kids love YOU!!!!!:jester:

·
Registered
293 Posts
This is great!!

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
You have definitely taken this FJ to hell and back...glad to see it is holding up. Happy wheeling!
This is great!!
Thank you both! Tons more to add... check back for updates. :D

Good stuff Mike....Ty is in quite a few of your photos....and he is PROUD of you!!!

he spotted the Three feathers shot with him spotting....he says "hey dad...If Mike would have listened to me he would have made it up that"

I love my kids!!!!!!

My kids love YOU!!!!!:jester:
Your kids are the chit, there's no doubt about that...

But hey, tell Ty... I might not have made it that day, but at least I didn't do this! :rofl:

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Is this seriously a picture of Mike? He is the spittin' image of my younger brother - the likeness is truly scary! My brother is one ugly SOB BTW! :rofl:
That is me... not the most flattering of shots, I'm about passed out after a party, haven't shaven apparently in a month, and am wearing a ridiculous shirt! :lol:

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
October 17, 2007 - Trail Gear Sliders Install

After a few coats of flat black Rustoleum, I threw on some Trail Gear sliders... at last, some protection! :lol:

Trivia question: how long did the bumpers, fenders, and other bits of my FJ sit in the living room and/or bedroom of my apartment?

October 20, 2007 - AZFJ Crown King Run and Scottsdale Pavilions Car Show

Rock crawling, shelf roads, good company, historic whore house? How much better can a day get... read all about that run here.

Practically no pics taken on the trail... this is basically the end.

Dirt road back to the highway...

Car show!

October 21, 2007 - Gila River Exploration

I did some exploring around the Cochran town site on the south side of the Gila River before taking the dirt route back to Tucson...

Amazing I couldn't find everything I wanted with such great signage...

October 25, 2007 - Car Wash and Gillette Ruins Campfire

OK, here it is... the first REAL car wash!

Fun with homedad around the fire after some wheeling at Table Mesa...

October 27, 2007 - Montana Mountain

Nice and easy trail... very scenic! Read all about the run here...

November 3, 2007 - Sedona with 1leglance, Day I

Pre-running trails for SedonaFest...

November 4, 2007 - Sedona with 1leglance, Day II

Broken Arrow trail in Sedona...

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
November 5, 2007 - Wheel Painting

Experimented with one wheel... very happy with results!

Taped, primed...

Ta-da! :D

November 10, 2007 - Box Canyon Earnhardt's Toyota Run

Thanks to the organizing prowess of Don (puulboy), we had a spectacular run in conjunction with Earnhardt's Toyota dealership... the supplied the BBQ, we supplied the wheeling! :D

Read all about that run here...

BellyDoc with his hands up even though he's the one with the gun... :lol:

December 2, 2007 - Senator Highway

Nice dirt run up into some cold temps... organizing thread.

December 6, 2007 - Rackless HiLift Mounts Install

Got these slick things from FJoel in Canada... really nice idea to mount a HiLift on the roof with no rack.

December 7, 2007 - Oracle Control Road and AZFJ Letters!

The addition of "AZFJ" to my fenders was a very important chapter in this build... while I did have to clean a small area to apply the stickers, I am not counting this as a car wash. :lol:

Racing up the OCR before the weather hits...

41 - 60 of 157 Posts