Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm taking my daughter on vacation this summer to Oregon in our new 08TT.

We'll be in Oregon from 7/12 through 7/19 (driving up 7/11 and driving home 7/20).

She got to choose if she wanted to go to Sedona or to Oregon, and she chose Oregon. I grew up on a farm outside Silverton, and so we're going to visit long time friends while in Oregon, see Silver Falls, go to Florence and Lincoln City, maybe hit up Tillamook for a while (or some other OHV trails), see some friends in Portland for a day, and then head over to Fossil in eastern Oregon for a couple of days to visit and shoot with my friends at Grayguns Inc., before coming home to Los Angeles through Bend and La Pine (seeing more friends).

Anyone up for a trail run...ANYWHERE in Oregon...anytime during 7/12 thru 7/19? We're open for mid-week trail runs, too, if anyone has a day off. But I figured Sat/Sun would probably be easiest for everyone.

I'm open to all suggestions, and Tillamook sounds like fun and picturesque. My mission on this trip is to have fun adventures with my daughter and make memories together that will last a lifetime.

We just did Miller Jeep Trail (http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/socal-region/61276-miller-jeep-trail-run-5-25-08-a-8.html) in SoCal this last Sunday (a couple of days after I got the FJ), after hitting up Margaritaville the day before, and Stoddard Wells the day after, and we're hooked.

Looking forward to trailin' with you!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Welcome Pointman,........I'm really surprised you haven't had some 'hits' on this post yet. There are lots of folks up here ready to ride the trails.

I would love to join ya but that's the week I'm heading to Montana.

Just as a suggestion, you might want to go over to our club site nwfjcc.com, ya may have better luck over there, we've got members from almost each and every area you mentioned. Good Luck, and make those memories for you and your daughter, maybe even take some pics and post'em.

Jerry:cheers:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
We're looking to do a night run some time in June/July...Date: TBD Also a major N WA run...Either way, we can make something happen on the 12th. I am obligated to July 19th for other activities.

·
Registered
564 Posts
July 12th or 13th sounds good to me. Im in Salem, OR and have been waiting to go to Tillamook this year, but too much rain so far. Keep us posted.
I checked out your pics on the Miller Jeep Run, wish I could have been there, We were just in that area back for spring break (took the family to Magic Mountain) Next time we go down there maybe you and some friends of yours will show us around the Miller Jeep Run???

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
That is an awsome first run! I hope to make it down there to meet you and your daughter for whatever is put together. How old is she? I have a two daughters 8 and 6 and a 5 year old boy. How did she react when you went up on three wheels! My kids were freaked at first but now they ask me to do it again. Usually once is enough for me:)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Okay cool. I have a few phone calls to make today. Pencil in July 12th. Details TBA.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone! I greatly appreciate the response!

What time shall me meet? And where?

Any recommended inns near Tillamook where I can spend the night? Trip Advisor says there is a Shilo Inn and a Best Western, so I'm good either way.

Man, I can't wait!

Welcome Pointman,........I'm really surprised you haven't had some 'hits' on this post yet. There are lots of folks up here ready to ride the trails.

I would love to join ya but that's the week I'm heading to Montana.

Just as a suggestion, you might want to go over to our club site nwfjcc.com, ya may have better luck over there, we've got members from almost each and every area you mentioned. Good Luck, and make those memories for you and your daughter, maybe even take some pics and post'em.

Jerry
Thanks Mud - sorry we'll miss you, and I'l join the nwfjcc site - thanks for the invite!

We're looking to do a night run some time in June/July...Date: TBD Also a major N WA run...Either way, we can make something happen on the 12th. I am obligated to July 19th for other activities.
Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to run with us. Looking forward to it!

July 12th or 13th sounds good to me. Im in Salem, OR and have been waiting to go to Tillamook this year, but too much rain so far. Keep us posted.
I checked out your pics on the Miller Jeep Run, wish I could have been there, We were just in that area back for spring break (took the family to Magic Mountain) Next time we go down there maybe you and some friends of yours will show us around the Miller Jeep Run???
What's the best way to check if Tillamook is / will be open? Website or call the ranger station a couple of weeks in advance? If it's not open, I'm open to any other run anyone else wants to do anywhere in the state.

And when ANYONE wants to do Miller/Lockwood, just let me know, and we'll get the crew together. I'll have my winch and onboard air by that time, so we'll be good even if it's just you and me.

Miller/Lockwood is just awesome. I can't wait to do it again. I'd like to do that run 2 or 3 more times this summer. There are so many runs...so little time... heh heh.

I just got your PM - I'll reply in a moment...

That is an awsome first run! I hope to make it down there to meet you and your daughter for whatever is put together. How old is she? I have a two daughters 8 and 6 and a 5 year old boy. How did she react when you went up on three wheels! My kids were freaked at first but now they ask me to do it again. Usually once is enough for me
My youngest is 12, and my oldest is 18 (she's graduating High School and couldn't make it with end-of-year committments, projects, etc.)

Yeah, my daughter did the same thing - freaking out and then followed by do that again Daddy! Back up and do it again! LOL.

Hope to see you 7/12!

Personally, I think 7/12 is fantastic, since that's my b-day. Sounds like a good excuse for a run to me. ;-)
Well happy b-day and come out a celebrate with us!

Okay cool. I have a few phone calls to make today. Pencil in July 12th. Details TBA.
Wow, that is very cool of you to do that. Thank you!

Thanks everyone for penciling us in!
Cheers!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Any recommended inns near Tillamook where I can spend the night? Trip Advisor says there is a Shilo Inn and a Best Western, so I'm good either way.
My wife and I have stayed at the McMenamin's in Forest Grove twice now for runs, and we love it! Cheap but very cool. It's about 10min south of the meetup spot at the McDonald's on Glencoe.

McMenamin's Grand Lodge, Forest Grove, OR

Looking forward to meeting and wheeling with ya!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone - I really appreciate your hospitality to trail us around that Saturday.

I'm so stoked - can't wait! See you all then!

Cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts