Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I love everything about the T-1 Alpha! I just started school for Automotive Engineering! You seem very similarly minded to me! I'm currently designing Swaybar discos with AutoCad which I'm going to 3D print and then see about getting real ones machined

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I love everything about the T-1 Alpha! I just started school for Automotive Engineering! You seem very similarly minded to me! I'm currently designing Swaybar discos with AutoCad which I'm going to 3D print and then see about getting real ones machined
Thanks! Good luck in school. Sway bar discos gonna be some high demand items. There were a few attempted design solutions but none was perfect. Share with us what you came up with!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks! Good luck in school. Sway bar discos gonna be some high demand items. There were a few attempted design solutions but none was perfect. Share with us what you came up with!
Thanks so much! And I definitely will! The design I'm working on right now works similarly to a turn buckle; once I have a solid design I will definitely post it up!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Walker Evans Bead Lock Wheels

Installed the new wheels and tire setup. Having a new set of wheels is so refreshing to the look of the rig. And of course, it's more about getting below 10 psi than looks right:laugh

I used Equal Flexx to balance the tires. One 6 oz bag per tire. Worked surprisingly well, i got zero vibration tested up to 80 mph. It's a relatively new product so I didn't find too many reviews about it. I was planning on need a road force balance but it exceeded my expectation.

LRM_EXPORT_20180826_153900.jpg LRM_EXPORT_20180826_203525.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_20180826_133743.jpg 20180819_140948_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
eimKeith Panhard Correction and Baja Designs LP9s

It has been awhile since the last build thread update. Some notable mods:

eimKeith's weld-on PCK (Panhard Correction Kit) thanks to @Iconic suggestion. Honestly i didn't feel any difference on handling despite I tried really hard to look for any :lol: But in theory it has quite a few benefits so I feel good about it.

Then I spent some stupid money on black friday getting a set of Baja Design LP9 Pros....They cost 18 times the price of my current AuxBeam 21" Aux-Trend lightbar. But the set has 13 times the lumens output and more kickass look. So I guess it's worth it. On the other hand, they do block my TOYOTA grill logo....so which look you guys like better? The low profile light bar or the fancy LP9?

20181209_120843_HDR.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_244681946609848_20181225_122258328.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_244765044093462_20181225_122421426.jpg

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Looks good! Love the pic with all the leaves. If anything with the PCK you should now cycle more evenly side to side with the LT. I have like 1.5" more droop on one side without it. I'm a fan of the lights, adds to the "hi tech" look.
Cool! Good to know. My addco swaybar is probably the limiting factor now. But i just got the anti-rock. It will all come in and work together.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Passed your rig on 78 several weeks(guessing late November) ago heading westbound around Cabellas. I was in my Tundra so it would have been really weird to honk and wave. Anyway, stocked you for several miles! Very impressive truck to say the least. You should jump on the trails with us some weekend.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Passed your rig on 78 several weeks(guessing late November) ago heading westbound around Cabellas. I was in my Tundra so it would have been really weird to honk and wave. Anyway, stocked you for several miles! Very impressive truck to say the least. You should jump on the trails with us some weekend.
Cool! Yes I am definitely down for some wheeling. Hit me up when you go next time!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Guys are headed out to Anthracite on the 12th if your interested.
www.keystone-cruisers.com
Stop by and say hello!
Wow it's a lot earlier than i thought lol. I just had my front end torn apart doing cam tab gussets and steering rack bushings. With the holidays i don't think i can make it to this one. But now i know the ih8mud forum page and will be on the look out for wheeling.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Wow it's a lot earlier than i thought lol. I just had my front end torn apart doing cam tab gussets and steering rack bushings. With the holidays i don't think i can make it to this one. But now i know the ih8mud forum page and will be on the look out for wheeling.

Awesome! We normally head out the second Saturday of every month to either Rausch or Anthracite. It varies from 4-12 trucks depending on the month. If the group gets big, we’ll split up. And always a great group of folks in different yota’s. 40s, 60s, 80s, Tacos, 4Runners, FJCs, you name it...
Always welcome to jump in whenever it’s convenient for you. Just watch our page, a new thread is started each month for the run.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Flex Comparison with Stock Taco

Took a rental car home from airport yesterday. Guess what they gave me? A 3rd gen TRD sport Taco! Of course I cannot simply return it without doing some flexing. Back out again with my poor man 13" tall CTI test ramps. The front swaybar was really hurting the front flex. There was only less than 3" difference in front fender to tire gap yet the rear was probably flexed all the way out. I can't measure the rear because the tire stuffed into the wheel well. You can see the Taco is leaning a lot with the front suspension. So a balanced front vs rear is important for good flex:wink

inCollage_20190210_222803250.jpg inCollage_20190210_223948842.jpg

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Warrior Tube Flares

I have been wanting to do this mod for years and finally pulled the trigger. I wanted wider flares to cover the unbelievable amount of mud sling from long travel. I also need taller flares to clear 35s in up travel (i cut an arc on my stock front flares to clear them). At last to show more wheel well for look. I got just the front flares because that alone cost more than Bushwacker front and rear. In addition to cost, I step on my rear tire to access roof rack very often. I also had my rear fender less than 0.5" from trees on tight PA trails countless times. An extended rear flares will hinder me doing those 2 things. Function wise, I don't need any extra width or height like the front. So I left the rear stock.

With just the Warrior Tube flares themselves, they won't help too much on mud sling because the lack of mud flap. So I installed some Rally Armor universal mud flaps.

I've read reviews about the mounting not being secure. However, mine were pretty solid. I can rock the entire FJ back and forth by grabbing on these flares and they won't flex. And about the coverage for mud, it is very effective. I like the new taller wider look of these new flares. It's one of those mods that brings a big visual difference and you see every day. It sparks joy:laugh

LRM_EXPORT_281246999400657_20190527_214842763.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_281239061216597_20190527_214834825.jpg

20190527_194730_HDR.jpg

20190527_194756_HDR.jpg

20190527_194741_HDR.jpg

20190527_194631.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_82400948335438_20190529_224925156.jpg

20190602_174919_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
HeisKai...
Beautiful build up!

Have a question on your BD LP9's ... did you use the Baja wiring harness, and if so, their DPDT switch for the hi/lows?

I just purchased a set of LP6's for my Expedition One bumper and was going to OTRATTW for my switches. The DPDT seems like overkill for a total of 15 watts, so i am looking at an SPDT rocker for hi/lows - OR - just a single for Hi only (but i think i would like the option of the low spot availability). The amber DRL's in the spots will be on a separate switch.

Thanks - and again - great looking FJ!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
HeisKai...
Beautiful build up!

Have a question on your BD LP9's ... did you use the Baja wiring harness, and if so, their DPDT switch for the hi/lows?

I just purchased a set of LP6's for my Expedition One bumper and was going to OTRATTW for my switches. The DPDT seems like overkill for a total of 15 watts, so i am looking at an SPDT rocker for hi/lows - OR - just a single for Hi only (but i think i would like the option of the low spot availability). The amber DRL's in the spots will be on a separate switch.

Thanks - and again - great looking FJ!
Thanks man! I didn't use BD's harness. I did use a OTRATTW DPDT switch for hi-low. The 15W you mentioned is for the IPT lights only. Forward lights are 90W so each LP6 is 105W total, which is quite a lot. You would definitely need relays and not power the lights through the switch directly. So wattage shouldnt matter for switch anymore. I'm not too familiar with SPDT but looking at the diagram I feel it might work? I didn't think too much about it and just got the DPDT as they recommend.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts