Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to take possession of a new sandstorm FJ... will have a OME 3" lift... wanting to run some pizza cutter 33-34 x 10.5 Mud Terrains on 16x8 Steelies... questions are...

1. Do you guys know where I can find some 16x8 steel wheels that look very similar to either a. the factory 17" steelies or b. old military / land rover-ish steel wheels (the ones that don't have holes in them)??? ...and that fit with the right backspacing? All the ones I see are more of a generic design with round holes...

2. I'm going for a very military / utility safari look on my truck... much like what you see on Bandi's truck... (for those of you who have seen it) but this will be my daily driver with a lot of on road driving. What's a good aggressive looking pizza cutter style tire that gets decent road wear?? I've been tempted to just go with the interco tsl's cause I love the look but I'm scared I'd wear them down really quickly. So I'm looking for similar but longer lasting alternatives.

Thanks so much for the help!!!

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
If you are driving as a daily driver and putting a decent amount of miles, i would NOT get super swampers. I concur with the BFG at's.

·
Registered
365 Posts
If you're going to go pizza cutter, why not just use the factory steelies? They're a nice narrow (7.5") wheel. I haven't seen any other steelies that work other than the ones you mentioned.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Cool... well, I love the OEM steelies... but had heard there were a lot less options as far as tires with the 17" rims...

I might just have to bite the bullet on some other MT's... I know the AT's are the best way to go... but I just want something more aggressive. I know they won't get me the best life but I'm looking for something better than Interco's. Maybe even BFG MT's... you guys know if those come in 33x10.5?

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Cool... well, I love the OEM steelies... but had heard there were a lot less options as far as tires with the 17" rims...

I might just have to bite the bullet on some other MT's... I know the AT's are the best way to go... but I just want something more aggressive. I know they won't get me the best life but I'm looking for something better than Interco's. Maybe even BFG MT's... you guys know if those come in 33x10.5?
255/85/r17 BFG MT's i know are standard on the rubicon. I think a member in Louisiana got 5 for like 250 or something because they were new take-offs from a 4x4 shop. I think the actual diameter is like 32.5 or something. They are defintely pizza cutters though

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm... well, I just checked BFG's website... they don't list a tire in 34x10(.5)x17... closest thing is a 32x10x17... damn!! But they come on the Rubicons? Surely there's a way to track 5 down!...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts