Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this...

Last night I picked up my 2010 FJ, and the only option being pushed by the finance guy that I bought was the $400 tire insurance. I have 30 days for a full refund so I went ahead and added it. According to him, it offers...

• No pro-rating (bald tires replaced at no cost)
  • No deductible
  • Includes over-sized, MUD, A/T, etc tires
  • Coverage last 5 years
  • Includes road-side assistance
I'm starting to feel like it was a mistake, but before I cancel the coverage and get the refund I wanted to see what people thought.

Also, along those lines, what do you guys think about windshield insurance? Should I have picked that up?

Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I have never heard of that but I have a question, this insurance covers the tires you have on there now and if you change them it changes over to the new tires? also if you run the hell out of them and wear them out within the five years they will replace them? The windshield insurance sounds like a good idea if not to costly.

RR

ps If the tire insurance does as I asked about I would do it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Read the fine print on the tire warrenty for yourself. I have been told things from the seller of these warrenties only to read the policy and find they gave false info. I will give them the benifit of the doubt here and maybe what they told me was thier misunderstanding of the coverage. Read it and make an educated judgement.
As for the windshield breakage. You should have full coverage insurance on your vehicle thru your Auto Insurance, Check with your agent as to what your deductible is for Comprehesive coverage. This coverage is normally very inexpensive to have a $0 or $50 deductible. Make sure that it covers glass damage.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
never heard of it... it's probably no better than the tire manufacturer warranty on defects. I go through a set of tires at least every 2 yrs... I don't get how this would work?

Get liability windshield whatever it is called insurance... that has saved my arse 3 times now... and about half a dozen repareable chips.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this...

Last night I picked up my 2010 FJ, and the only option being pushed by the finance guy that I bought was the $400 tire insurance. I have 30 days for a full refund so I went ahead and added it. According to him, it offers...

• No pro-rating (bald tires replaced at no cost)
  • No deductible
  • Includes over-sized, MUD, A/T, etc tires
  • Coverage last 5 years
  • Includes road-side assistance
I'm starting to feel like it was a mistake, but before I cancel the coverage and get the refund I wanted to see what people thought.

Also, along those lines, what do you guys think about windshield insurance? Should I have picked that up?

Thanks in advance for your input!
I thought I'd never need tire insurance. I've never had a problem in the past other than the occasional flat every 7 years or so. Then this year I've lost 3 tires to strange cirumstances and 2 on my wife's car. The insurance for my tires was only 12 dollars p/tire, adding up to a wopping 48 dollars plus tax. So far this year I've spent over $1500 dollars on tires.( I bought insurance on each tire replaced after that.)

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I thought I'd never need tire insurance. I've never had a problem in the past other than the occasional flat every 7 years or so. Then this year I've lost 3 tires to strange cirumstances and 2 on my wife's car. The insurance for my tires was only 12 dollars p/tire, adding up to a wopping 48 dollars plus tax. So far this year I've spent over $1500 dollars on tires.( I bought insurance on each tire replaced after that.)
What does it cover? Maybe I gotta look into this.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Usually the "road hazard" coverage you can get from tire retailers when purchasing new tires runs between $15-$20/tire and has about the same coverage. Sounds like a Ponzi scheme to me, and I guarantee it's a profit center for the dealer (or they wouldn't offer it).

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
i wouldn't get it, $400 is a lot, about half the cost of my Nitto TG 285/75/17's - way more than the road hazard Direct Tire sells

windshield insurance, on this rig... maybe... (sad to say)

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
Sounds ridiculously expensive at $400. I'd read the fine print and then probably get my money back. I can't imagine them replacing your tires when they are worn out. That does not sound right at all.

DEWFPO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts