Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the 2007 FJ's have the Tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) or is this a 2008 feature... had a coffee with bender705 today, (Super nice fella) and his 08 has it, If I do have man did I miss the boat......

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have never seen any kind of indicator when aired down, like an alarm or anything, nor do I recall reading anything about this in the owner's manual. Hopefully someone more in the know will post up. :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
i think the 07's came without TPMS. only in 08 did they start to come with them.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Correct. It was not available in 07, and comes standard on the 08s.
Until they put a shut off switch on the system, you are better off without it. Every time you air down for offroading, it will trip the system, and need resetting. The spare tire gets cold and you get a pressure warning.
If you are not able to judge tire pressure from looking at it, it may prove useful to prevent months of riding on a low tire, but otherwise the system is problematic at best.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thank you for the information...I didn't think I had it. MUCH appreciated fellas

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi there,

My 08 has them as well. Another down side is unless you plan to use the nice mags in the winter (end of the nice mags with all the salt and calium...) You are going to have to buy 4 new sensors for your winter rims (90$ each). As if the winter rubber didn't cost enough on these beasts... Take care...

Bud

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
i think the 07's came without TPMS. only in 08 did they start to come with them.
This a good reason to buy or keep an 07 FJ. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the air sensor on my last car and a friend of mine has it on his 07 Escalade, they don't work. When the weather changes, spring and fall, the sensors trip and the only way to reset is to go to the dealer, or put a piece of tape over the (!).

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Toyota TPMS trip at about 26psi. Tire psi can drop 3-7psi with temp change.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just found out another bit of info on the TPMS. If you do decide to buy the sensors for your winter rims you are going to have to shell out 40$ (Toyota dealer) the reinstall the sensor ID evry time you swap your rims!!! There has to be a work around out there some where... Anybody?

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Did you check the spare tire pressure?
Yes, but only periodically. Whenever you get an oil change is a good time to do that. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have removed mine and reinstalled them. On each sensor, it tells the torque that you need to set it to. It's really rather easy but don't over torque them.

My wife's 4runner has them as well and I've never taken it to the dealer to get the light to shut off. Just air them back up. The annoying part is if you have a leak it will be on constantly.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
07's don't have the TPMS. If your're looking for one, check out Canadian Tire. They have a fairly inexpensive one. I bought one and it works pretty good. I like gagets. :lol:

·
Registered
282 Posts
I had an 07 FJ and never heard anything about any type of tire pressure thingie.......I believe that's an 08 option....curious how it works and what exactly it does.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts