Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been away from the forum for a long while. My 2008 stock FJ needs tires. I am not a hard-core off-roader but I do use this vehicle for hunting and fishing and want more of an aggressive tread than comes on general tires. What's available and recommended in 2020?

Sorry if this topic has been beat to death in other places? And thanks in advance for any guidance.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,133 Posts
Do you have snow? Regardless, Cooper Discoverer At3 are an excellent road tire with just enough tread to make them capable offroad. I know many on here use them.

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Yeah what she said. I have AT3s and ATPs on my FJs. You can also look at Bridgestone Duelers. I did the Summit in those with a 4x2.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'll be the odd duck and suggest KO2's. Great on the road, and very capable off road. Mud, would be their weak point IMHO.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Currently I have General Grabber X3 265/70 R17's on my stock 2007 FJ. They work great in the snow up here in the northeast and don't notice any tread noise on dry pavement. So many good choices out there, good luck.

Attachments

·
トヨタ Master
7,890 Posts
Cooper Discoverer AT3. Can't beat the wear and the price over BFG or any other name brand. I sell 7:1 AT3s to any other tire. Best value.

Reactions: debFJVT

·
Registered
105 Posts
Got a set of desert hawks on mine. 50k mile tire been great for me. Also 140 a tire from simple tire.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
トヨタ Master
7,890 Posts
You won't be disappointed. (y)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Check out E rated Yokohama X-AT they are lighter than other hybrids and do quite well off road and on highways and come with 45000 mile treadwear warranty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts