Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks,
I've been lurking on here for a long time since I bought my FJ (July 06). I love the truck and its capabilities even in stock form. I am still running a stock suspension and the 17" OEM alloy wheels, but need to shop for new tires since the bridgestones are starting to show their age. I've always ran BFG tires on my Toyota trucks and 4runners in the past and love them but I haven't found any info on a BFG tire that fits a bone stock FJ with the exception of the TRD package. I did a couple searches and didn't find what I was after, but the spreadsheet did help me see what brands and sizes others were using.

What size BFG AT should I run on a stock wheel?

Is there a better alternative to the BFG?

Is the NITTO Grappler AT a better choice?
I love the classic BFG white lettering but I can deal with an all around better tire. Milage is pretty important as this is the family car, and my wife drives it to work and with the kids everywhere. It burns about a tank a week during normal use and I'd like to stay pretty close to that.

The truck sees mostly pavement duty but I do go down to the outer banks and drive in the sand on the beach once or twice a year with a bunch of friends in lifted rovers. I tow my jet skis and motorcycles and put a lot of long distance trip miles on it so I don't need a 33" tire just to roll around on the street since posing just isn't me. When I go home to western N.C. the truck sees fire roads and wider trails so I think an AT is a good choice, let me know if I'm off base.

Pic for views :bigthumb:

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
well if you are interested in staying with the 265 size, i have a set of 5 bridgestone dueler AT Revos for sale and I am in Western N Carolina.. Let me know .

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I think a 265/70/r17 would fit on a stock FJ. I say stick with the BFGs!:rocker:

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
I'm running the BFG TA/ko's in size 265/75/17's on the stock alloy rims. My next set will be the BFG TA/MT2's in size 285/70/17's. Both will fit and give good service.

There are posts here in the formum of folks running the 285's with no rubs.

cheers,

dale

1 - 5 of 5 Posts