Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
mikey said:
Anyone thought of just using the key to unlock the door to avoid the embarrassment of the beeping/flashing?
YUP! Haven't used those remote things...ever! Should prolly follow bill's advice and get the thing disabled...someday.

·
Registered
463 Posts
mikey said:
Anyone thought of just using the key to unlock the door to avoid the embarrassment of the beeping/flashing?
One time I changed the TV channel without the remote... maybe I'll try the key trick next...

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Check this out I have the beeping noise and I got the KARR alarm installed and now I have the beeping and two horn honks for unlock and one for lock. Not only that but the alarm has a passive arming when you push the lock button. This makes the horn say honk 3 times then when the door shuts it honks one pore time. It is SOOOO much fun. I would rather just have the beep and not the horn honks especially when my boy is born and the FJ is parked outside his room.

·
Registered
300 Posts
You guys are great entertainment. This is better than watching sitcoms on the tuuuubbbbbbeeeee.
Thanks for the laughs.............screw Comedy Central...I've got the forums.
:roller:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Scottsfire said:
You guys are great entertainment. This is better than watching sitcoms on the tuuuubbbbbbeeeee.
Thanks for the laughs.............screw Comedy Central...I've got the forums.
:roller:
i love it

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
THe beeper can be removed through a hole betwen the engine compartment and the LH fender without breaking anything. Just find the round hole, remove the round plastic hole grommet, reach thru and grab the buzzer and slide it it off its mouting in there and pull it into the engine compartment, and disconnect it from its connector
Serious question. Is the "hole" located on the firewall behind the fender, on top of the fender by the battery, or on the side of the fender near the engine block?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Serious question. Is the "hole" located on the firewall behind the fender, on top of the fender by the battery, or on the side of the fender near the engine block?
the hole not on the firewall. my typo, sorry. It is in front of the firewall on the LH side of the engine compartment 6" or so forward of the firewall. The buzzer is located between the engine compartment and the exterior sheetmetal above the front wheel well.

The door lock beeper is located under the left fender, between the fender and the plastic splash guard under the fender. There is a round hole between the engine compartment and the space between the left fender and the plastic fender underguard, and the wire to the beeper goes thru this round hole. THe hole is a few inches forward of the fire wall and about 3 inches below the hood. I have the MT so it is to the rear of the cluch resevoir. THe hole is about 1 3/4 inches in diameter. The hole has a plastic ring. To remove the beeper, first remove the plastic hole ring liner, then reach thru and grab the beeper which is mounted on the outside of the metal between the engine compartment and the fender gap, rearward from the hole, and pull the beeper thru the hole into the engine compartment. Then disconnect the beeper from the connector.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Or shout obscenites. .

·
Registered
165 Posts
i will have to try this. when i went to my dealership to have them lower the sound level they said it would be about $80 for 2 hours of work because it was a lot more complex than i thaught.

also some picks would be great.
the truth is it takes less than 30 min, but they will charge a minimum of 1hr so it will cost about 60$

·
Registered
22 Posts
You guys are awesome! Hilarious AND informative. Took me 3 minutes and I briefly documented the process...

It starts with the plastic grommet on the drivers fender inner...

There are 4 plastic retainer tabs on the grommet. A small slotted screw driver to pry on two of them and the grommet will pop right out. Fish the wire harness out, give a little tug, and you'll receive this reward...

(the beeper, not the mini.)

A single lock-tab releases the wire harness, replace the grommet, and stuff the loose end back into the fender. I actually taped-off the plug and lashed it to the rest of the harness in the engine bay - just in case someone invents the fart / obscenity module down the road.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You guys are awesome! Hilarious AND informative. Took me 3 minutes and I briefly documented the process...

There are 4 plastic retainer tabs on the grommet. A small slotted screw driver to pry on two of them and the grommet will pop right out. Fish the wire harness out, give a little tug, and you'll receive this reward...

A single lock-tab releases the wire harness, replace the grommet, and stuff the loose end back into the fender. I actually taped-off the plug and lashed it to the rest of the harness in the engine bay - just in case someone invents the fart / obscenity module down the road.
Thanks! The thing is gone with 5 minutes of "work" after reading these posts, versus 2 hours of trying to find where the little thing was located.

·
Registered
165 Posts
so much easier than dealing with the greedy toyota service guy....and they thought they saw me coming...hah!!! thanks for the clear instructions!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
those beepers are going for a fortune on ebay. But keep it; it will be collectible. Wrap it in foam so it will be "mint".

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

Kudos EphJae..........very well documented and very much appreciated.:habbobuggs:

21 - 40 of 103 Posts