Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tires and Wheels Question

Brand spankin new to FJ Forums
Need some assistance on tires and wheels; have a 2007 STOCK FJ 4x4. NEED to change the wheels and tires. Getting 17" x 8.5" rims and NEED to know if 33x12.50x17" tires will fit WITHOUT rubbing inside? do not want to do any lifting... Just doing for looks, not off-roading. Any Help from my new friends

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
you will most likely need to chop the body mount known on here as a bmc. factors like wheel offset/backspacing play an important role also. i would say with that size wheel/tire comboin stock form you will rub. why so against lift? i have a 2010 that i drive 60 miles a day and did 3 in rough country lift. it still rides as good as stock and i will be running 285/70/17 firestone m/t on a 8.5 in rim

·
Registered
212 Posts
you will definiatly rub with that width I would go for about an inch skinnier.. unless you did a Body mount Chop like bill41672 stated..

I believe the 285/70/17 dont rub with out a BMC or Lift.. Can anyone confirm that?

Oh and Welcome to the forum!

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,934 Posts
I have that same size tire basically only on a 16" wheel and what I had to do was of course, do the body mount chop, and then I got wheel spacers so that I could have a wider stance and also so there wouldn't be rubbing on the upper control arm. But it's tough to say whether or not you can run this at stock height. I would think so but I would also consider posting this same question in the wheel/tire section of the forum :bigthumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys have been great with these replies, Thanks. I just dont want to do any lifting or chopping since it is mu wifes car and she could care less what it looks like. Me however, i want it to look Bad A$$ and really want a nicer wheel and tire to add to the simple but COOL exterior Mods i did.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Most 285 70r17 or 285 75r16 will not rub.. Again I said most...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts