Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for a stock 07 daily driver? 99% will be on road. And should I change the spare at the same time?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have over 30k on a set of Yokohama Geolandar G015s. They are a mild AT tire. No hit on gas mileage; quiet for an AT tire. Have been good in the snow although I'm curious how they will do this winter with 40k miles on them. They are snow rated. Have been very good on my (not often enough) light off road and one medium off road experiences. I believe they are p metric so not for rough off roading.

I bought 5 tires and do a 5 wheel rotation.

Very happy with them for my needs.

·
Premium Member
11,809 Posts
All depend - what kind of seasons, conditions will you be driving in?

This will help giving you a decent recommendation vs just spitting out random tires.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Michelin LTX - 35,000 and I change them early. Decent offroad in scrabble. QUIET - I do a 5 wheel 6k rotation. Even look good

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All depend - what kind of seasons, conditions will you be driving in?

This will help giving you a decent recommendation vs just spitting out random tires.
Will be on road 50 highway 50 city. No snow, just rain. Just roads and temps in 80s.

·
Desert Moderator
6,065 Posts
Add Cooper AT3 to the mix. Quiet, long lasting, not too heavy, cheap, awesome wet & dry performance, and excellent on dirt & sand.

·
Vendor
2,543 Posts
Any suggestions for a stock 07 daily driver? 99% will be on road. And should I change the spare at the same time?

There are many solid choices in tires these days depending on your priorities, what part of the country you live in and your driving style. Are you looking for a highway tread of an all terrain type of tread? Remember all tires are a product of compromise. There is no one tire that scores a 5 oft of 5 in all categories.

What size tires are you needing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same size as original tires. Have Bridgestone Duelers now. Something that looks good would be cool.:grin

·
Vendor
2,543 Posts
If you are wanting a tire that looks great and rids smooth on the road you may want to look at a Hybrid tire like the Nitto Ridge Grappler. A couple of others with good looks and smooth comfortable are the Falken Wildpeak, Yokohama Geolandar G015, or the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S.

I would recommend going with 5 so all the tires are up to date.

Please let us know if we can help.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Michelin LTX - 35,000 and I change them early. Decent offroad in scrabble. QUIET - I do a 5 wheel 6k rotation. Even look good
I'm running Michelin LTX AT/2 on my FJ, and also run them on my Taco. They're real good tires, and long wearing. I got the 5th tire for the back of the FJ, but I don't rotate it. It's there in case one of the others goes tits-up.

Charlie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts