Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, new member I have 08 FJ Black/white and bought it "bran spankin new". Need new tires but want something with more tred and more of an aggresive look! I do a tone of snowboarding and camping so snow traction is very important. Should I stick to an AT or MT? I like the look of a Mt but I dont want to get messed up on the Mountain. I need your help. Thank you for taking the time to help out a brother!!!!!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Look into the Goodyear Duratracs. Very good in the snow with almost mud tire type looks. Hello and welcome!

·
Premium Member
16,935 Posts
Welcome aboard! You might want to look at BFG AT tires.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Goodyear duratracs You'll love them!!!............:bigthumb:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Goodyear Silent Armor.....the best all arounfd tire....super quiet on the roads and more than aggressive on the trails.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Mud Terrain.. All terrain does ok in snow , but when it gets tough even the MT kick some Hiney.. But I will warn you they are a bit noisy.. so If you are going to mostly use it as a daily driver. try some REVOS they are quiet and doe well in the snow. But no Beffy looking..

·
Admin
8,477 Posts
If the temperature drops below -30, for traction a snow tire is the best bet.... then have a set of MT's and rims for summer! :D

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Ill second the GY Silent Armours.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know much about the Toyo open country Mt's on a Fj? This is my other option and it seems to be getting a lot of pretty good reviews but I still have not seen or heard from anyone that has them on an Fj. Thanks for the input it does really help out before I drop some big $$$$$$!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts