Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick one .....

whats the biggest / widest tires i can get with out any lifts on the truck and the original 17" rims?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Do a search just in this area by backing out one level to the "Wheels and Tires" section and in the charcoal bar right at the top of the threads, not the search at the very top of the page select "search this forum" try some terms like "options for 17" rim" "Largest tires for stock" etc.

I have been looking through similar info with a 3" lift. My understanding it that you are not going to be able too much larger than stock without rubbing. 265/75 R17 is safe. 285/75 is where it breaks down about 50% having some rub issues when the steering is at full turn. A 3" lift brings this down to about 20% having minor rubbing issues. Depends on the tire make and your slight variations in all our vehicles. This is just my opinion from all the threads I read on this. You need to do the "chop" modification to go larger (involves cutting and welding mounts, search on it) You can then go up to larger tires but there are performance hits for this that you should educate yourself on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts