Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

tires

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  madisonblues 
#1 ·
What does anyone think is the best tires for 95% highway and 5% offroad. I do live in limited snow 3 months of the year. I have a 2007 FJ and am ready for tires. Have never been really happy with any tires I have used.

#4 ·
In the past I would have recommended re-treads from Treadwright but their prices have come up and IMO the value vs new is no longer there.

IMO the best bang for the buck is still Duratracs.

#6 ·
i have been running Treadwright 285 M/T's for almost 100k miles now. i'm on my 3rd set and have gotten 43k miles on each of the first two sets with zero issues. i rotate them every 5k miles and they still had decent tread when i replaced them. they just get loud as heII at a certain point. the prices have come up a bit, but they do go on sale from time to time. i bought the last set on a black friday sale for $145 apiece. can't touch a 33" M/T for that.

#10 ·
BFG Rugged trail. I’ve gone through 2 sets on my 08 and I’m due for another set. I’m very satisfied with the ride and life of these tires and the have a mileage warranty. An excellent highway performer. Off road use has been good on both hard rocky dirt and soft sand. I haven’t had a lot of miles on mud, but I’m sure they are more than adequate. Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.