Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Most tire compressors should work for it, though not needed. The only real need for the compressor attachment from what i know is for those that don't like to wait (THATS MEEEE).

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very true very true.

The only reason why I'd use that air compressor for the Titan is because I don't want to use the exhaust (unless its a real emergency) and because the tip on my truck is about 6' big like the TRD one.

Thanks for your input though!

·
Registered
504 Posts
I just got the Titan air jack today, and noticed that for the air compressor attachment, you actually need one of those air compressor tool attachments to attach to it.

For example my compressor only has the attachment at the end of the hose that goes onto the tire nipple. Does this make sense? and the VIAIR compressor you linked seems to be the same way.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Yes, i believe it has the quick connnect attachment to the end of it like that on a CO2 tank hose.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yep. You're going to have to finaggle something to make an adaptor to get from that (or most any other) cpmpressor to the type of connector the Titan came with.
I have to do the same. But it's easily do-able.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Make sure you share your finaggling after you're done!

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
I ordered a 4 ton and recieved a 3 ton. NOt that big of a deal, but heard some one saying it would not lift his truck off the ground. I have a 3 inch lift and 35's. Wondering if it will do the job, any one tried it yet?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got the Titan air jack today, and noticed that for the air compressor attachment, you actually need one of those air compressor tool attachments to attach to it.

For example my compressor only has the attachment at the end of the hose that goes onto the tire nipple. Does this make sense? and the VIAIR compressor you linked seems to be the same way.
It definitely sounds like i'll have to do something....hmmm...could anyone possibly post a pic of the AC adapter that they bought from Titan??? I'm wondering if the attachment is supposed to go straight onto the compressor itself if you say its a quick connect type of attachment.

Anyone already have an adapter for this jack??? if so, post pics or provide a link! cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I ordered a 4 ton and recieved a 3 ton. NOt that big of a deal, but heard some one saying it would not lift his truck off the ground. I have a 3 inch lift and 35's. Wondering if it will do the job, any one tried it yet?
I bought the 4 ton and noticed on the enclosed spec sheet the lift rating is for the size of vehicle, ie it can lift one side of a 4 ton vehicle - not 4 tons. So theoretically the 3 ton should lift the FJ since its GVWR is a little over 2.5 tons. I've read some problems in getting the vehicle lifted off the ground were due to seal issues at the exhaust tip.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Hey guys,

I just bought the Titan jack from the Group Buy. I just wanted to know if you guys think that this compressor will work ok for inflating the Titan jack?

Viair - Your Vital Air Source.

Let me know your thoughts.
The spec on that compressor said it had 150 psi max pressure. My Warn Powerplant winch's compressor has a max pressure of 100 psi and it worked fine.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The spec on that compressor said it had 150 psi max pressure. My Warn Powerplant winch's compressor has a max pressure of 100 psi and it worked fine.

Thank you for the picture. I bought the Viair 300P portable. I think it will be more then good enough.

Did the AC adapter that you bought with the Titan just have a quick connect attachment?

Also, how long did it take you to jack up the FJ with the compressor?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Thank you for the picture. I bought the Viair 300P portable. I think it will be more then good enough.

Did the AC adapter that you bought with the Titan just have a quick connect attachment?

Also, how long did it take you to jack up the FJ with the compressor?
No, it had a nipple at the end which I took off and put on a quick connect because the Powerplant has the nipple connection on it. It took about 3-4 minutes to inflate to the point in the photo. It probably would have been faster but the hose attachments were not screwed on tight and it leaked a little.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, it had a nipple at the end which I took off and put on a quick connect because the Powerplant has the nipple connection on it. It took about 3-4 minutes to inflate to the point in the photo. It probably would have been faster but the hose attachments were not screwed on tight and it leaked a little.
This is a stupid question....BUT, was it hard to swap the nipple end for the quick connect end? Could you post a link for the part you attached to the adapter??? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
This is a stupid question....BUT, was it hard to swap the nipple end for the quick connect end? Could you post a link for the part you attached to the adapter??? Thanks!
No, it took literally 2 minutes. I don't have a link for the part, I had one laying around. If you take the AC adapter to an auto parts store or Home Depot you can get the right size quick connect, it is a very common and available part.

EDIT: Just unscrew the last piece of the AC adapter as it comes from Titan (it is the nipple), that is the size of the threaded connection you need to get on the quick connect.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
No problem, I have to ask a bunch of "stupid" questions myself as I haven't worked on vehicles much in the past. I can build a building, but a truck is a different thing, thats what makes this forum so valuable to me.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No problem, I have to ask a bunch of "stupid" questions myself as I haven't worked on vehicles much in the past. I can build a building, but a truck is a different thing, thats what makes this forum so valuable to me.
Hey, if we don't ask stupid questions, we'll never learn.

I've always just done oil changes and regular maintenance, i've never taken to the next level like I have with the FJ with the the mods and "trying" to install them myself.

This forum is honestly one of the most helpful things i've ever come across.

Cheers for the help.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts