Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Titanium Pearl
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he yall i have an 07 titan but am considering trading it in for a fj. any sudjestions? i live in kona, on the big island of hawaii, my stock titan just dosent take me where i want to go off road. mahalo for the tips!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
fj s got enough power

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Howz it Brah! It depends on what you want to with it. You lose the open bed of the Titan and the big engine but you gain DA KINE!

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
I drove a Titan for 3 years...I really enjoyed the room inside and the horsepower. I really didn't enjoy filling that big-ass tank! We were somewhat limited in off-roading trips because it was so wide. I traded my Titan in on an FJ in January. I have 6500 miles on it, and don't really miss the Titan much. It's a very different vehicle, but it's a lot of fun. (and even with full skid plates and a rack on top I'm getting 17.5-18 MPG around town) Good luck!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Apples and Oranges...but on an FJ Forum I think you'll find plenty of support for ditching the Titan and going with an FJ. Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Keep the Titan for hauling stuff in the back and the FJ for fun!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
we have a titan at work. I drive it for deliverys of bikes. I would take my FJ any day even just for fun factor of driving it.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Keep the Titan for hauling stuff in the back and the FJ for fun!
X2!! The hubby is driving his 08 Titan that I bought him for Christmas. We need a Truck Truck to haul stuff. My FJ is my Toy but he gets me around for my job and just turns heads. As a 45 year old gal I like the attention that the FJ gives me!!!!!! Keep your Titan and get an FJ for having FUN!!!!

Kim

·
Registered
148 Posts
My nearest Nissan dealership is 3+ hours away!!!
No [email protected]*%ing way I could even justify a Nissan product myself up here, but I owned one earlier on, and it was a pretty solid vehicle.

Weird, we've got a Mazda and Kia dealer, but no Nissan... Toyota is well represented up here though...

If you want to go off-road, FJ is a lot of fun!

Good luck on your decision

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
a titan makes your butt look big and fj doesn't sorry not a titan fan. Fj cruisers anyday over a titan, or a tundra for that matter..:bandit:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Your asking the wrong crowd, we are very biased. :lol:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Welcome Aboard! It's always nice if ya can have both, however...get the FJ!:bigthumb:

·
Banned
2,479 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I can't comment on the Titan - seems to be a good pickup. However, I can comment as a former pickup owner who started out looking to buy another pickup and bought an FJ instead. For me, I cycled between needing a truck to haul around crap and go offroad, and then needing a car for commuting and long trips. So, I would drive a truck for awhile, get tired of paying for the gas when I didn't really use it for a truck, the buy a car, drive it for awhile, use the car like a truck and tear it up. So, I was in my "needing a truck" phase and started the search for a new pickup. I wasn't very happy with what I found on the market from any of the domestic automakers and started looking at other options. I had seen FJs before but thought there was no way in hell I could afford (or convince my wife) a vehicle that I assumed must cost $40,000+. While looking at Tacos, for ****s and giggles, I drooled over a few FJs at a Toyota dealer. I was surprised to find sticker prices far below my expectations and I found out later online that you could get base models for much lower than the tricked-out ones I saw on the lot. I had to have one. So, I got on this forum, did my homework, found an FJ that met my specifications, haggled at the dealer down to the price of $23,400, and drove off the lot in a sweet brand-new VD Blue FJ last November! It's been a dream ever since.

For me, the FJ has hit a sweet spot in fullfilling all my vehicular needs. Sure, some might argue that it doesn't have the full function of a pickup, that it doesn't get the Prius-like mpg as a commuter, or that there are more serious offroad vehicles with SFA, but I challenge all of those arguments by saying that the FJ performs very well across so all of those different uses. I've used my FJ for all of those purposes - hauled a 55 gallon drum upright filled with activated carbon tied down in the back, drive 60 miles round trip to work, and take it offroading whenever I can. It's a blast!

You've come to the right place for all things FJ. Good luck with your decision! :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
As you are looking for a more off road oriented vehicle:
We've had two Titans(xtended and crew cab) and three Wranglers(2 X's and 1 Rubicon, including a JK).
Stock for stock: The FJC has the power, as far as the acceleration and passing numbers, that the Titans had and the Jeeps lacked(big time) on the pavement. The FJC is great off pavement and in the snow for articulation and in slippery conditions where the Titan wasn't(esp. in tight spaces) very similar to the JK. The FJC is smooth like the Titan whereas the Jeeps were cruder feeling in comparison(part of their charm? It's a Jeep thing and all). I like the fact that the FJC can do so many things well without feeling(sounding) strained.

FJC might be looked at as a more sophisticated, smoother, much more powerful, more comfortable riding, better build/materials/interior quality 'Jeep'...and that's a compliment!

·
Registered
2008 FJC 4X4 - Sandstorm
510 Posts
trade it is ASAP brotha

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
When I bought the FJ I briefly considered a used Titan. I am currently putting the yard in my new house and every saturday I feel the loss of the titan's capacity for hauling.
That being said.
As soon as my yard is in my Saturdays will be spent off-road. And then I won't be missing the Titan will I?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts