Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Don't know if he's posting but you can reach him by phone. I talked to him yesterday when putting my titan 10k in a Demello. He answered all my questions, even the dumb ones w/out laughing. 905-630-8246

His service is great. He sent a small bracket that allowed me to mount my control box to the right of the winch on the end w/ the clutch. Had to drill 2 hole in the plate.
I am looking to get the Demello Flattop Bumper
and putting the 10k titan in it... any pointers
before a order the winch ?...

I did read his web page, but did not have see
an image of what it means exactly...

Our new models have the solenoids attached to the foot casting.

This can be a problem for some winch applications. However we do offer a custom fit by using a Aluminum Bracket and longer leads to allow our winches to fit virtually every model Winch bumper made.
Also, any info on the install in the demello, picts ?...
what options for the winch did you go with if any ?...

many thanks...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Bandi-

You'll have to install the control box on the drivers side of the winch. I put the winch in the bumper and hand tightened it, then set the control box , bolted on the bracket, beside it marked my holes and drilled. Kinda tight but you've only got to do it once.

Not the best pick but if you look you can see the control box bracket I have in the pic on the right side of the box. It is a piece of 3/16? angle 3" x3" powdercoated to match the winch.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Duncan has some of the best customer service too. I began looking at his winches this time last year and he was quite helpful then. Ironically I am looking at purchasing the titan 12k lb winch now.
12k is on sale right now for 495 i believe.... :clap:

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Bandi-

You'll have to install the control box on the drivers side of the winch......
thanks for the info... did you go with the package
with the syn' rope/thimble or did you ad it later ?...
looks 3/8", but what length ?... again... TY !...

:cheers:

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Please pm me for price on 10K . Thank you.
they are not a vender of the site, so they can't
come here and sell, but the web site list them for
$460 right now, normal price, and the 12k is on
sale for $495...

you can GO HERE and have a look at what is avail',
plus check the sale item section !...

·
Registered
790 Posts
I am looking to get the Demello Flattop Bumper
and putting the 10k titan in it... any pointers
before a order the winch ?...

I did read his web page, but did not have see
an image of what it means exactly...

Also, any info on the install in the demello, picts ?...
what options for the winch did you go with if any ?...

many thanks...
Bandi,
I think Brock has a Demello with 12k titan in the bumper.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Is it me or do the latest Titan winches look like cheap imitations of the original offerings? I was very interested when he first came out with them, but not so much now.

This is just an opinion based on the pictures I see posted here and on his site. Has anyone purchased one of the latest Titan winches?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
yep...I have Demello with three hoops and a Titan 12K. Tight fit but it works....had to drill new holes for mounting on side where the holes are for a Warn 8000. There are some pics in my build thread...

Great winch....works every time and I learned how to put the cover on it even inside of bumper to keep mud and **** out of it on day to day drives. Powerful and fast too....love it.

Duncan is CONSTANTLY looking for ways to improve the design and flies out to the manuf often to ensure it is done right. He was making changes when I bought mine on sale...think I paid $560 for 12k, fairlead, cover, greasable pulley, wired remote and also a wireless remote. Plus $30 to get through customs and I had it in a week. They are very well built tools for damn sure.

·
Registered
219 Posts
thanks for the info... did you go with the package
with the syn' rope/thimble or did you ad it later ?...
looks 3/8", but what length ?... again... TY !...

:cheers:
After market line, 3/8" 94ft long. Cut the original cable into 3 30ft pieces with eyes on each end, to use around the farm

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Duncan, can you send a quote of the 10,000 winch and fairled to 33067.

Thanks,
JP

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Duncan, can you send a quote of the 10,000 winch and fairled to 33067.

Thanks,
JP
They are not a vender of the site, so they can't
come here and sell, but the web site list them for
$460 right now, normal price, and the 12k is on
sale for $495...

you can GO HERE and have a look at what is avail',
plus check the sale item section !...

There is also a link to Duncan's Email there also
under "contact"... ;)...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ok, I'm deciding between a 12k Titan and a Warn M8000, the Warn I can get it shipped to my door for 550$, Duncan quoted me 575$ for the Titan plus 30$ for the import fees.

Are these winches really that good? I'm still on the fence because I haven't been able to find any reviews, and there are very few forum threads about them (any forum, jeep, toyota, LR, etc.).

Does the Titan come with a pulley? because it doesn't mention it on his website.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Ok, I'm deciding between a 12k Titan and a Warn M8000, the Warn I can get it shipped to my door for 550$, Duncan quoted me 575$ for the Titan plus 30$ for the import fees.

Are these winches really that good? I'm still on the fence because I haven't been able to find any reviews, and there are very few forum threads about them (any forum, jeep, toyota, LR, etc.).

Does the Titan come with a pulley? because it doesn't mention it on his website.
Brother que mas como estas. I know how you feel. I can tell you this though Warn is like Sony. You are paying brand. I have read posts from a lot of people that have Titan and they all love it.

Titan has more lbs rate for less, are more waterproof, has a bigger (faster pull) motor, wireless remote, and gears look a lot better.

Now considering you live in Venezuela it could be difficult to service the Titan if you ever need too. If you buy the M8000 you know everybody buys warn there and can service it.

Hope this helped!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Brother que mas como estas. I know how you feel. I can tell you this though Warn is like Sony. You are paying brand. I have read posts from a lot of people that have Titan and they all love it.

Titan has more lbs rate for less, are more waterproof, has a bigger (faster pull) motor, wireless remote, and gears look a lot better.

Now considering you live in Venezuela it could be difficult to service the Titan if you ever need too. If you buy the M8000 you know everybody buys warn there and can service it.

Hope this helped!

That's the thing, since Warn is such a recognized brand, getting parts and service for it is not a problem over here, however, the thing that concerns me the most are parts because I think that a winch is simple enough that if you know how to work on one brand, then you can work on all of them.

On the other hand, the m8000 might not be enough for all situations, whereas with the 12k Titan, I'd have power to spare.

Decisions, decisions...why must it always be so hard!

FJNewb, thanks for the advice, I've already cotnacted Duncan and he seems like a stand up guy, that's one of the reasons that makes the Titan so tempting, the fact that he is so involved with it's development and that he offers great customer service.

PD: I'm also considering a 9k Superwinch.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts

I cant speak for Duncan and his methods and thoughts...but to me it appears he took the best attributes from the best performers in Winch industry....then took complaints like needing weather tight winch motors...solenoids....faster winch times....reliability...and made sure his winches met these requirements.....then sells them for less than the competition.

My TITAN winch is THAT GOOD...powerful..fast....always works when I need her...water, rain, mud, being submersed...nothing stops her.

Mine came with winch, mounting gear, roller fairlead, winch cover, wired remote, wireless remote, and greasable snatch block in a carrying case. Top notch gear....damn snatch block weighs 10-15lbs by itself. :D

I put a Titan 12K in my Demello bumper....if I did not get a Titan it would be a Superwinch personally. I trust them more than the Warns....they always seem to crap out the solenoid just when you need them most.

41 - 60 of 127 Posts