Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Thank you....

I like your location... High and secure under the hood... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Only had to use my TW10 twice, but it worked flawlessly!!! The second time it had been over 8 months and a winter between uses and it worked perfect!! Only complaint is that i ordered it with red synthetic rope and it came PINK!!!!!!!! After seeing pics of others with red rope I know my whole spool looked like it sat in the sun!! But still 100% satisfied with the product!!!!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Have had mine 2 yrs. Excellent winch and dealing with Duncan and his service was great. Haven't had to use it lots but it has never let me down. Mounts nicely in an ARB. If your bumper is already on you can install the winch without takingl the bumper completely off. Leave the top mounting bolts in but a little loose and you can pivot the bumper up enough to slip the winch in. I did it myself with the help of a floor jack but 2 people would be better.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Titan 12K Winch and Expedition One Bumper

I finally finished my installation of a Titan 12K winch on my Expedition One Kodiak bumper.

The winch itself fits just fine in the bumper, but you will have to remove the control box, and relocate it under the hood near the windshield washer reservoir. (Thanks to RUNT for this suggestion.) The new-model Titan winch does not have the control box in the center, over the winch, but instead it's over to the left side. That prevents it from fitting in the E1 bumper.

You CAN install the winch without removing the bumper-- just take off the E1 skid plate, and you will have acceptable access to the two rear mounting bolts, and the front ones are never a problem.

Duncan at Titan Winches is the master of customer service, and provided me with a solenoid relocation kit. There have been many recommendations about Titan Winches on the forum, and I second those-- you will get fantastic service from Duncan, and he really knows his winches.

If you get this combination of winch and bumper, be sure to have Duncan send the older version of the control box (without the exterior switch for the wireless- that interferes with the mounting), the hot cable running from the control box to the battery with an on-off switch, and of course the longer wiring needed for the remote install.

I did have to cut the support bracket with my angle grinder to make it fit and allow the hood to close. No big deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Re: Titan 12K Winch and Expedition One Bumper

I finally finished my installation of a Titan 12K ...
Hows the Winch !... :rocker:

I can't wait to get home and utilize mine, been
away since July and wil finally get back to Jersey'
on the 15th....

:clap:

121 - 127 of 127 Posts