Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Lookin' Good!!:rocker:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanx!! It took a while to get the hot rod black paint, but It was worth the wait. This stuff is really durable and you can buff and wax it without worrying about making it gloosy.Now Im just waiting on a road armor bumper and then I will have to post some new pics. These were taken the day we installed the light racing control arms

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, we'll have to get some better pics this weekend. These were all I had that showed the paint and tires from that day.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Looks SWEET with the black grill, roof, and wheels.:bigthumb::rocker:

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Yeah, we'll have to get some better pics this weekend. These were all I had that showed the paint and tires from that day.
Ya might get better pictures if it was outside of the garage. ;)

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah, that idea has crossed my mind. Like I said we took the pics during the install of the light racing control arms. Were having a FJ get together this weekend so maybe we'll snap a few OUTSIDE pics and post em

·
Registered
267 Posts
I like the Hood, tires and wheels.......

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thanx, It took some research to find something different for wheels, I ended up getting a the KMC's with more offset so I wouldnt have to use the sidertrax spacers to get a wider stance.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Is the black roof paint? I you don't mind, how much? I'm seriously considering it. I received a quote of $800 (Black Diamond color match) from a body shop owner I've sent tons of business to. Is that a good deal?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Actually My local dealer (believe it or not) gave me a great deal, the roof was about $450.00 to paint. All together I had the rear bumper,bezel,mirrors,roof, hood and cowl painted for under a grand. If your thinking about matching the black diamond color make sure you see a test shot first, matching the roof to the original body color is difficult and you dont want to dump a bunch of cash into it and have it not match. I shopped around a bit on the paint and found pricing to range from $400.00 to $800.00. If your dealer has a reputable body shop like mine does, go to the salesperson who sold you the Fj and tell them your looking at some paint work, I bought my vehicle here what can we do to get MORE of my business, more than not it works. I love my paint work, its one of my favorite "asthetic"mods. Hopefully you will too. Good Luck!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ohh the paint I used was Duponts Hot rod Black, its a cross between a matte and a semi gloss, it actually matches the window frame trim on the fJ to a tee.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I took some outside pics of Don's rig and I'll post em up when I get my lazy ass up and moving. I wasn't a fan of the black roofs until he got his hood to match. It looks mean.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts