Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late June of 2021 I finally purchased my first FJ and couldn't be more excited. I patiently waited for the right deal within my price range and was finally able to pull it off. Unfortunately there are more miles and rust than I would have liked to have seen but I will manage. My freshly copped 2008 FJ with a 140k will do me just fine for the many years ahead that I plan to own, build and romp this baby! My head is currently spinning with all the amazing things to do and upgrade but I plan to take it slow and methodical upgrading the right things at the right time. Any and all advice will be appreciated as I foresee many questions for you all in my near future. My first vehicle I ever owned was a 1985 Toyota pickup that I loved and still own to this day (pack rats chewed the wiring harness so she sits for now). I'm excited to be back in the Toyota game with a daily driver and something that will fulfill all my hunting and off-roading needs as well as my general shenanigans! I'm not sure what direction I plan to take the build so I guess we will all find out together!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I added a couple creature comforts like a dual usb port and my Bluetooth adapter from my last ride. Stereo upgrade will come later but this will suffice for now.

I also added the factory tow hitch mount for a small trailer I use and so the wife and I can take our mountain bikes out!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I've had an issue with water draining on to the passenger floor boards. I assumed it was an A/C condensation leak and confirmed that possibility by reading similar posts on here. I first tried using an old speedometer cable because they are rigid yet flexible. I fed it through the drain tube on the passenger side behind the front tire (went in about 18 inches) but it continued to leak (especially when I turned left???). Yesterday, I was at work trying to figure out a way to vacuum the debris through the tube but the shop-vac attachments were to big to get an actual seal and good suction. I work for the Fire Dept. and luckily our ambulance has a suction unit that fit perfectly into the drain tube and seemed to clear some debris. I've only driven home and a couple errands but so far no leaks!

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
MizzerO,
You could also use turkey baster filled w/ distilled white vinegar & back flush then suction again.
BTW: you "Aux light" switch is upside down(?)
D

• Haha
Reactions: MizzerO

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams <>< <>< <*((^(((><
478 Posts
Use a shop vac and then pick whatever size tube works for the project. Insert the smaller tube into the larger shop vac tube and duct tape it to create a seal. In have used it for vacuming lines to retrieving dropped items in hard to reach or see areas such as bolts / bulbs / items that rattle etc. I also use it for pulling a cable through a pipe, take a string and put a piece of plastic shopping bag and tie it to the string. Turn on the shop vac and the string will get pulled through, then duct tape the cable to string and pull it through.

<>< <>< <>< <*(((^(((><

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MizzerO,
You could also use turkey baster filled w/ distilled white vinegar & back flush then suction again.
BTW: you "Aux light" switch is upside down(?)
D

Hmm, I didn't think about vinegar.... I'll have to give that a shot! I didn't install the switch but I did notice something wasn't right... just couldn't put my finger on it lol. Thanks! I did notice another unused harness behind that last switch blank when I was back there. Any ideas on what it might be for?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Reactions: REEL-M-N

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Added some mounts for tools today! probably nothing you haven't seen before but still exciting! I will say, I absolutely hate the cargo netting and plan to remove it. Deciding what I should mount down there. I have my IFACK and various other pouches for tools and first aid there currently but the netting is stretched and bothers me alot. Im tossing around the idea of a MOLLE panel but not sold yet. Any other cool ideas would be appreciated!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts