Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Will you be attending the 2010 FJ Summit ?

• I'm planning to be there !

Votes: 61 50.0%
  • Ummm, I'm not sure yet.

Votes: 36 29.5%
  • Sorry, I can't make it this year.

Votes: 25 20.5%

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
I'll definitely be bringing my collection of Jorts and sleeveless shirts!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
no, not since selling FJC but trying to get some things done to FJ60 so maybe next year...or MOAB :)

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Puking Rally!!! Who's with me??!!!

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Only if there is a mandatory JORT dress code........
I hear that there's going to be Jort Contest!!!
Don't forget your Jorts!!
As soon as it warms up, jorts it is. And I even have some time to grow a mullet! LOL
I'll definitely be bringing my collection of Jorts and sleeveless shirts!
Jorts?
You mean these things?...

:lol::rofl:

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
:lol: ^^^ that would be it! I've got a suit case specially for my Jorts!

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
The word on the streets is that most if not all the trials can be done in a bone stock FJ....

How are the trails for a mostly stock FJ and a newbie trailer?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I went to the first one and had a blast, missed the second 'cause I was in Iraq, missed the third because of school...Yeah I'll be in school this year as well.

Have fun and I look forward to seeing the all the pictures

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
How are the trails for a mostly stock FJ and a newbie trailer?
The word on the streets is that most if not all the trials can be done in a bone stock FJ....
Actually, you could make most of the trails in a bone stock two wheel drive car, let alone an SUV, and the FJ is just over-kill.

Although some of us get into some offroad fun that's a bit beyond the 'official' trail runs, mainly, it's just a fun time in the mountains with friends. :cheers:

There are rumors floating around that they may add one or more trails to the mix of 'official' runs this year which are actually technically challenging, but till now, not so.

I went to the first one and had a blast, missed the second 'cause I was in Iraq, missed the third because of school...Yeah I'll be in school this year as well.

Have fun and I look forward to seeing the all the pictures
Bummer....well, at least you're getting an education.....hope to see you around somewhere, sometime, Mike.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Correct . . . though there are plenty of spots even on a trail such as the Alpine Loop which make you happy to have a 4wd with good clearance and low range. Stock tires have been known to readily bite the dust on the sharp rocks as well.

I am very interested in exploring other lesser known trails which are covered in the guidebooks but not listed as official trails of the Summit . . . maybe if I can get out there early. :rocker:

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Man! Still over 5 months to go.
How early you gonna come out here? :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Man! Still over 5 months to go.
How early you gonna come out here? :lol:
I was thinking about the end of April. :rofl:

Of course, I'll have to go home again in early May and then return in mid-July. :rocker:

·
Kokopelli Moderator
3,236 Posts
I was thinking about the end of April. :rofl:

Of course, I'll have to go home again in early May and then return in mid-July. :rocker:
Are you thinking about tagging some Ouray before/after Cruiser Moab? :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Are you thinking about tagging some Ouray before/after Cruiser Moab? :bigthumb:
No . . . I was just being amusing as if Steven was thinking I'd come out there wayyy early. :lol: I am interested in some before/after runs for Cruise Moab though.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
No . . . I was just being amusing as if Steven was thinking I'd come out there wayyy early. :lol: I am interested in some before/after runs for Cruise Moab though.
Well, if you do come out for Cruise Moab this year, perhaps you could stop off for a day in our area.

Let us know, and we could do some kind of trail run....and of course you have a place to stay (not that you need it).

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I'll keep that in mind as usual. Your number is still in my cell . . . unless you've changed it. :lookaround:

41 - 60 of 61 Posts