Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new here.

I've been thinking about getting rid of my 350z and getting something bigger. I'm tired of dodging speedbumps and having to borrow a truck all the time. I had originally thought about getting a F350, but I ran across these on another board. The price and performance is definitely appealing.

I really like the FJ, but I'm 6'4" tall and 300lbs. With the tall ground clearance and short seat I'm afraid I wouldn't fit!

So to anyone that's seen one in person, do you think a tall fatass will fit?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool, thanks...

I just need to stare at it more or see one in person, it may be too "cute" for my taste.

I'm thinking black, with black wheels and big tires would toughen it up a bit. ;)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
6'4" and 300lbs is almost height/weight proportionate. Especially if I am supposed to be at 235. You'll definitely fit inside it. Probably have a bit of an effort to get into it, at first... but after getting in and out of it driving around, you probably won't feel overweight anymore either~!

The FJ Outdoor Diet Plan.

·
Registered
647 Posts
PigmY, I've sat in the vehicle and AIR could even fit in it, sitting on Percy's lap... What's nice too is the Driver's seat has 8-way adj so just about anyone can fit.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I've seen the FJ in person a couple of different times and it does not strike you as a 'small' vehicle. I dont think you'll have a problem.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
A buddy of mine... Big Dave... lost 85 lbs, he's down to about 400 lbs now and he'll even fit. No sweat. Well in dave's case, a couple buckets of sweat, but... just sayin'. The interior is waterproof. It's cool.

If you fit in a 350Z, you will think you moved into a gymnasium inside the FJ Cruiser.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Percy said:
A buddy of mine... Big Dave... lost 85 lbs, he's down to about 400 lbs now and he'll even fit. No sweat. Well in dave's case, a couple buckets of sweat, but... just sayin'. The interior is waterproof. It's cool.

If you fit in a 350Z, you will think you moved into a gymnasium inside the FJ Cruiser.
:D:D:D

350z is a two seater so it's got a lot of room. I have trouble fitting in a G35, that's why I didn't buy one. I've really only driven two seat sports cars and full size trucks. When I attempt to drive say a mustang, xterra, frontier, 4runner or pretty much anything mid size, I'm definitely not comfortable and my hand hits my leg on turns.

This is good news, as the FJ40 seems to really be what I was looking for. Sub 35k pricing, off-road capable, powerful (used to driving fast cars), 4wd, etc. Plus I know a guy who works at the Toyota dealership, so maybe I could get a hook up. If only they offered a turbodiesel motor and Xenon headlights, it'd be great.

My only gripes from the pics are the strange window config, abundance of plastic, cute look, and the throw back 5th wheel in the back (if I plan on adding a lift and big tires, wonder what to do back there? Remove the mount and mount the spare on the roof?). All of these could diminish in person though.

I waited about a year and a half after the 350z came out for the price to come down and the bugs to be worked out, glad I did. I wonder since this is a Toyota if there will be less problems at launch and less dealer mark up? I think I'll wait at least six months...

·
Registered
524 Posts
pigmY said:
I waited about a year and a half after the 350z came out for the price to come down and the bugs to be worked out, glad I did. I wonder since this is a Toyota if there will be less problems at launch and less dealer mark up? I think I'll wait at least six months...
We have a dealer here who already has orders pending guaranteed at MSRP and there are other people who have mentioned that their dealers are committing to the same thing. I dont think dealer markup will be an issue

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Actually, in my area dealers are already saying it will be market value, not MSRP. And with only 46,000 units planned this year you may want to get onto a waiting list. Some dealerships have said their allotment will be set at 2 per month. Getting on to some lists will allow you to preference your FJ so that it comes in an early shipment.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Basically....I won't have to worry about all my debt, because I'll have it all paid off by the time the FJ isn't rare as crap anymore. Assuming crap was rare of course.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Percy, we can beat MSRP in Vegas. Just look for the FJ with all the slot machines around it, feed the machines and Voila! Heck, I could be in Vegas in 3 1/2 hours...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Percy said:
6'4" and 300lbs is almost height/weight proportionate. Especially if I am supposed to be at 235. You'll definitely fit inside it. Probably have a bit of an effort to get into it, at first... but after getting in and out of it driving around, you probably won't feel overweight anymore either~!

The FJ Outdoor Diet Plan.
And the good news is you can forgo the side airbags

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I haven't seen an FJC, touched an FJC, sat my rock hard hiny in an FJC, or best of all taken an Ernie Joy Ride in an FJC, but at 6'4" and 230lbs of screaming steal and sex appeal I've already got my (refundable) deposit down on one. Interior room was my biggest concern, not first year purchase, not styling or blind spots - i like the styling, not Jeep/H3/Xterra owner envy. But thanks to reports from other large mammals in this forum I'm feeling pretty good about the interior space up front. Percy says it's like Big Sky Country inside. It sounds like wide-bodied or thoracically stretched mammals should be fine. I'll still have concerns about leg room until I actually get to sit in one, especially how much room I'll have between the tops of my thighs and the steering wheel. I can drive with my legs as good as the rest of you fools but I like to have enough room to be able to slide my legs under the wheel w/o contortions. Everyone is built differently so until we sit in one and see for ourselves we won't know for sure, even if Percy with 36" inseams and all that junk inside his trunk says it's great.

But pigmy, no matter what they say, forget about riding in the back seat, it's for 4Runner owners.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
all you guys are fat!
gotta love our loquacious one.

make that Fat Cats Tone, with lots of money in the bank and an FJC in the driveway here shortly. you're a skinny pup, with lots of banks in to you for money and a Roosterdoo cartoon for an FJC .

it's all fun, i was a skinny broke pup once too. stick to that financial diet plan Granger put you on and maybe you'll have your coveted FJC someday too, without having to rob someone at gunpoint to get it.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Hey Percy, have you ever tried to sit in an '03-'05 4Runner? Just curious about your opinion on it's interior room.

·
Registered
644 Posts
But robbing someone at gun point could potentially be a lot of fun. It's the risk involved that makes it exciting. I wanna grow up to be a fat cat like you Pancho. =)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I wanna grow up to be a fat cat like you Pancho. =)
You might Tone if keep that 9mm of manhood in your pocket.

·
Registered
647 Posts
mmm, mmm, mmm...

Pancho said:
You might Tone if keep that 9mm of manhood in your pocket.
Just like the good ol' days...

And BTW, what's that crack about 4runner owners and back seats supposed to mean? Eh, Panchito?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts