Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. Enough is enough.. I've had this H3 for over 2 years now and keep on thinking that I'm gonna start coming across other folks that wheel H3s here before long and it just ain't happening.. I've noticed over the past few months of running around Memphis that there are are more built up FJs in this town than.. Ok maybe not that many, but there's a good few of 'em and in 25 minutes of looking around this place I've already came across a couple of ya I see running around the east side of town..

Now I ain't all about trying to get rid of the 3, in fact I think it's a great truck other than that rumor about the front dif breaking all the time and those little bitty 14mm tierods..

I'm just trying to chase down some more folks to wheel with..

Anyroads.. Not trying to put the H3 out there and go "lookee lookee lookee" but for God sake, wave instead of flipping me off when ya see me rolling by.. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
It's all good... good luck on your quest.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx folks.. Looks like there's a little love in the world after all.. Must just be the humidity and heat here in the Mid-south pissin folks off..

Wonder when that lovable Toots from SoCal is gonna stick her head in here to berate the H3 though..:wave:

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Welcome Aboard Token im about an hour and half north of ya. No worries about people bustin your chops about the H3 because your driving it like it should be. Besides I would love to have a 4:1 t-case, lol.

If you look at the link in my sig for **** Creek Off Road Park your always welcome there. :cheers:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am moving from Hawaii to Memphis in a month......I will be new to the area but would be all about meeting up for some wheelin
I'm in Memphis as well. We'll all have to go have some fun. Just a warning: memphis is full of ******** in poorly lifted trucks that can't handle anything off road. But they love staring at FJs (probably out of fear). Either way, welcome!!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!:wave:

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Token. :wave:

If you are looking for trail events and other people to wheel with, you are more than welcome to come and join the Smokey Mountain Cruisers. We have events going on this weekend and the next and a couple more in the coming months. We are mostly made up of FJ's but we have club members that have X-terra's, Jeeps, and LandRover's. So we don't discriminate. :)

Just click on the logo in my sig and it will take you to our website for more info.

Hope to see you out on the trails.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've ran **** Creek a couple of times now.. Pretty cool place and semi-close to Memphis.. Was up there for a bit on the 4th..

FJM.. You that guy that posts on Midsouth Jeeps every now and then..??

Smokey Mountain Cruisers.. Why is it stuff like that is always on the wrong end of the state to me.. Oh yeah.. Yall got hills and rocks and stuff..

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Nice to meet you Tokem, If you come to So.W FL. I'd enjoy meeting and wheeling with you! Just Don't get to upset getting stuck and being recovered by a Fj!!! Just Kidding!!!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Welcome!!! H3 or FJ all fellow "wheelers" are welcome! Great folks, info and fun herein!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not me, its some of the guys over at Rough Country. The owner of **** Creek is the Sales Manager there.
Yeah I've known Jeff (SM) for a couple of years.. Was talking with him a good bit when they were working on a 5" lift for the H3.. I think that was before they became preoccupied with making a lift for the FJ..

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Welcome to the Forum :wave:

Smokey Mountain Cruisers.. Why is it stuff like that is always on the wrong end of the state to me.. Oh yeah.. Yall got hills and rocks and stuff..
We are not just in east Tennessee, the club is based out of Nashville. We have members from TN, AL, NC, VA, FL, KY, CA & AZ and we are a pretty active group. :)

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Jeff is good people as are most of the guys over there. Have known most of them since I moved here.

Yeah I've known Jeff (SM) for a couple of years.. Was talking with him a good bit when they were working on a 5" lift for the H3.. I think that was before they became preoccupied with making a lift for the FJ..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts