Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a tomtom one v3 today! I wanted to see whta it was like aso i tried my sister's out, the only problem was i could pick no satalites up!! no signal what so ever..... anyone else have this problem or am i crazy? lol Do other gps's have better chipsets that work better for the cruiser? thanks!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Mine only has a map of Guam loaded in it. I have been on the phone with customer service all day, they can't figure it out said they will try and send some maps to my computer tonight for me to down load.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have you tried pushing the reset button? I have a 710 (which works fine in the FJ) and this button is recessed on the underside of the TomTom.
Stu

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
still no luck :( anyone have any idea onhow nuvi's are in the cruiser?>
No info from the guru's on the TT Forum site? Were you at least able to get the satellite updates downloaded from the regular TomTom site?

One more thing, did your One come with a CD with maps, etc. on it?

Mike

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasnt able to downloadit since my sister doesnt have her cd with her. I havent opened mine yet as i dont want to open it and have it not work. we will see i am makiong adecision tonight if i am opening and trying it or getting a different one.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I wasnt able to downloadit since my sister doesnt have her cd with her. I havent opened mine yet as i dont want to open it and have it not work. we will see i am makiong adecision tonight if i am opening and trying it or getting a different one.
OK, now we're getting somewhere! Did your sister ever hook up to the PC and update/register her TT One, or is it in the same condition as when she bought/got it?

If you fail to download the satellite position updates then you will not get any data for the unit to read. This has happened to both me and my son-in-law when we didn't update our TT Ones satellite data.

Try this first before you open yours!

Mike

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oki couldnt get her to dl her sat positions for whatever reason, but i opened mine and it works great! woot i like it! thanks for you help I just got scared there for a bit lol. love this forum!!!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
oki couldnt get her to dl her sat positions for whatever reason, but i opened mine and it works great! woot i like it! thanks for you help I just got scared there for a bit lol. love this forum!!!
Your welcome....and glad it works!

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts