Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
So a week has past since I started this thread and so far nothing has happened.

besides receiving a text from toot toot threatening my life and seeing his lame excuses further up this thread nothing has happend.

Still no tracking saying that the brakes have shipped. still no replies from any of my pm's or emails.

I've all but given up.

There are 4 days until paypal will refund my money and then i'll just buy a new set of brakes from TRDpartsforu.com
Just wanted to chime in that I've conducted business with Boxing Kangaroo, and even when we had a small issue with an address typo and the package being returned to me, we were able to keep in good contact and get it all sorted out quite quickly. I'd be quite happy to do business with him over and over again.

Given the nature of the post made in this thread by the seller in question, I can't say I'm surprised to hear he threatened your life, and I'll take your word on that. Now is a very good time to gain assistance from the authorities. Threats on someone's life are NEVER taken lightly in my experience, nor should they be.

Good luck. It's quite frustrating to read all of this. :flame:

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
Given the nature of the post made in this thread by the seller in question, I can't say I'm surprised to hear he threatened your life, and I'll take your word on that. Now is a very good time to gain assistance from the authorities. Threats on someone's life are NEVER taken lightly in my experience, nor should they be.

Good luck. It's quite frustrating to read all of this. :flame:
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I haven't received the rear door net I ordered from him either. After he made his reappearance, I thought he was going to be sending out the items for which he has been paid. I guess he's on another secret mission with Tom Cruise. :ninja: Mission Douchebag.

·
Registered
63 Posts
All I can say is it's crazy and a shame that someone would take someone hard earned money like this. And not just one person, but multiple. And then to threaten someone because they're upset for not receiving what they paid for. This is insane. I had a feeling this guy was not going to ship the items after I cancelled the dispute I left open by accident. Claiming my dispute had his money and UPS account frozen.

Boxing Kangaroo, I'm happy PayPal is going to reimburse you what you lost. I consider myself very lucky to have received my item from Too Toot.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Its surprising someone would be stupid enough to send a text message with a death threat in it. (if he did).
With that and attempting to scam you out of nearly 1500 bucks, i definitely go to the police or some authorities that can help you.

PS, Boxing, the guy that bought my supercharged voodoo blue lives in Ft. Lauderdale. I think his name on here is everglades voodoo or something?

·
Premium Member
4,240 Posts
This is a bit off topic but something I'm wondering about concerning PayPal and buying stuff from other members here...

I often have the person I'm buying from request that the payment be made as a "gift" on PayPal so that they don't have to pay a transaction fee. In this case, is your recourse (like payment dispute) severely limited? Makes me think twice about doing the gift thing in the future.
If it is an item of significant value, I'll offer to pay the 3% PayPal fee. It's nice to have the reassurance that you can't get screwed IMO..

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
I did not think there was a paypal fee to the seller if the buyer has funded their account via a checking account.

I make my buyers use credit cards and require them to pay a 3% fee.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts

·
Banned
6,079 Posts
If it is an item of significant value, I'll offer to pay the 3% PayPal fee. It's nice to have the reassurance that you can't get screwed IMO..
This is a bit off topic but something I'm wondering about concerning PayPal and buying stuff from other members here...

I often have the person I'm buying from request that the payment be made as a "gift" on PayPal so that they don't have to pay a transaction fee. In this case, is your recourse (like payment dispute) severely limited? Makes me think twice about doing the gift thing in the future.
Those are very good points. I've been asked to send as a gift, also, but have never incurred any problems. Very limited transactions, though, and low-dollar items, less than $250... I'm sure it would be wise, just for insurance, to insist on working that fee in if the other party is not familiar. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
What ever happened with this?
The guy who was in for $1300 for the brakes got his money back from Paypal. The $50 I'm in for the rear door net is pissed away I suppose. I never cancelled with PP and never received net. :flame: There was one more guy with a second net and I have no idea about his situation.

Too Tout is apparently out on another secret mission with the Impossible Missions Force. :bandit:

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
The guy who was in for $1300 for the brakes got his money back from Paypal. The $50 I'm in for the rear door net is pissed away I suppose. I never cancelled with PP and never received net. :flame: There was one more guy with a second net and I have no idea about his situation.

Too Tout is apparently out on another secret mission with the Impossible Missions Force. :bandit:
i would go ahead and cancel with paypal and get your $50 back. you can buy those nets brand new from trdparts4u for $42 dollars!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey all - crazy busy at work and just saw the thread. I requested my $50 back from PayPal, which if you use it, you know the Seller has an opportunity to respond to the Buyer's Claim. Seller chose not to respond and I was refunded every penny by PayPal.

I also sent a PM to the Seller, explained exactly where I stood and offered to pay immediately if the product ever showed up. Product has not shown up and Seller did not respond.

Will be selling a few items myself soon and will list my Seller Feedback in my listings like Joeisip does in his. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
PayPal reimbursed me to. Toot toot never responded to paypals claim he also never responded to any of my pm's

Glad it was all worked out and I was able to get my money back it wouldn't of been such a big deal for a lesser amount but $1200 was a little hard to eat.

Will defiantly be more careful when buying on here next time

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

61 - 76 of 76 Posts