Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just go a mount that lets me carry two tools on my FJ.
The first tool I carry is a shovel. What other tool should
I also carry?

I have my high lift jack on the other side of the FJ.

·
Registered
704 Posts
bottle opener:cheers:

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Axe, It can be used for trees, Bushes, Self defense, regain entry to your FJ ifs you lock your keys in it, Congressmen, or In case of a military experiment gone Wrong... ZOMBIES!!!!!:rofl:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was considering a dual headed axe/pick, axe/mattock or a mattock/pick. Which do you think would be best?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Although an axe can be useful, I think that a decent bush saw is much more useful. Unless you want to fell a large tree or cut up a very wide log a saw will cut through most anything that is blocking your trail much faster than an axe.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Good points on the saw. Though I also use the backside of the head of my axe as a hammer. And it's a good emergency person extractor tool from a wreck. Honestly a lot of the emergency stuff I carry in my truck is for daily commuter wrecks. Never know if you'll be the first responder.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Never know if you'll be the first responder.
x2.

The top 3 things i keep in all my vehicles, for either myself, or an accident i'd come across:

Large fire extinguisher
Large first aid kit (trained in first aid as a lifeguard many times)
Window/glass breaker / seatbelt cutter tool.

·
Registered
116 Posts
For extrication and general rescue use I rely on one of these:

A Dead-On Annihalator, about $25 at Home Depot. Short, compact but with good leverage and the ability to get into door jambs and tight spaces.

I usually follow up with a FatMax wrecking bar to really pop things open.

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I carry an 18V sawsall with metal and wood cutting blades, pheumatic tools to run off my CO2 tank plus the normal wrenchs, sockets and drives. I also carry a replacement 1/2 shaft w/ cv's for the front in case one pops on the trail. :bigthumb:

:cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts