Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently placed an order to Top Gun Customs on their website for a set of front Bilstein 5100 shocks that were advertised as being in stock on the date ordered. The order was placed and paid for via Paypal on the 26th of January. I wasn't too worried about the order taking so long to arrive due to the recent snow all over the southern part of the country.

The shocks did not show up as of 2-11-11 so I sent a PM to TopGunCustoms requesting a tracking number. By today I had not received any response from TopGunCustoms, but just got an email from their website confirming that my order was processed. Processed?! 20 days later, and thats the best you can do? I understand that sometimes parts are not in stock at the time of the order, but if so and the order will take longer to process, then say so when the customer is ordering.

I really hope I don't have to wait another three weeks to get a shipping confirmation. Right now I am not at all pleased with TGC. :flame:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have purchased from them in the past and they have been pretty good. Something that you may keep in mind, if most places show them backordered (as i do) then chances are nobody has them in stock..they should have given you a heads up..

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
X2 on above comment. Someone dropped the ball on customer service. Give them a call.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah if they don't have it in stock, that's fine I can wait. But don't leave a customer, who has already paid, wondering where the parts are. I just want to know if the parts are going to arrive tomorrow or next year. I feel like $175 buys a small amount of courtesy.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I purchased a road armor bumper from them, and I don't know if it is because it is such a big item or what but it took about three weeks to get to me. But, I was informed of this by TGC so it was alright. I agree, out of all the orders they get everyday, yours may have been that one that slipped through the cracks.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good news. I just got a tracking number from UPS, scheduled to arrive Wednesday.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Same exact issue with them. I'm 7 business days in without a tracking number, only a processed and shipped update. They are only one state away so if they truly shipped when they say they did, it shouldbhave been here today. They are giving me canned responses to my emails and calling them direct I was put on hold for about 3-5 mins and then transferred to a phone that never picked up after about 8-10 mins of ringing. I just hope I don't have to put in a dispute with eBay or Paypal.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Curious - Was your initial transaction all done online/email or was it person to person via phone?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Curious - Was your initial transaction all done online/email or was it person to person via phone?
Not sure if you meant me or the OP but so far all my transactions have been through eBay. Even messaging. They haven't replied to any emails, just messages sent thru eBay. I sent an email to their General Manager and Sales Manager (given in their automated auction ending email) and I never heard from either. I'm assuming (and hoping) that they saw the transaction ID matched the eBay message and decided to communicate thru eBay instead. Either way, I got this email from them on the 14th:
We apologize greatly for this. If you could, at your earliest convenience please call our very knowledgeable eBay sales staff toll free at 1-877-274-9362. They would be better equipped to help you with this. Please let us know if you have trouble getting help over the phone as we are committed to making this situation right. Thank You
In which I responded with this email:
I called this number and after being placed on hold, the line rang for about 8-10 minutes before I couldn't wait any longer. No one ever picked up the phone. I appreciate you escalating this order but it has been 5 business days since I've placed this order and I still do not have a tracking number. Please email me this information as soon as possible. Thank you.
And I got this response shortly after:
We apologize greatly for this. If you could, at your earliest convenience please call our very knowledgeable eBay sales staff toll free at 1-877-274-9362. They would be better equipped to help you with this. Please let us know if you have trouble getting help over the phone as we are committed to making this situation right. Thank You
No that's not a typo ;) They actually replied to my message with the same exact canned message.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shocks arrived this afternoon. Took almost a month, but they're here now. It's sad when UPS is the fastest part of the whole deal.

I bought the shocks online from their website and used Paypal to pay for them. I never tried contacting TGC via phone but I did PM them on the forum and didn't hear back. That's only been about a week or so though.

Next time I'll buy somewhere else.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Finally got through to a real person via their 877 number and got a tracking number. They shipped the product out yesterday. The part obviously was not in stock when I ordered off of eBay. Be cautious when ordering from these guys. I'm sure that the service is great when the part is in stock, but when it's not, you definitely get the run around. I even asked him why I received an email saying that my order was processed and shipped 4 days ago when it just shipped out yesterday and he just kinda gave me a flustered response that made no sense whatsoever. Probably better off paying a few extra bucks and ordering from somewhere more reputable. Just my 2¢.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts