913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Yeah even Ford has begun advertising campaigns around this stating their cars are "expected" to outperform Toyota's at resale value. Well here's my issue with that. Was at a Carmax and saw a 2010 Taurus SHO and a 2010 BMW 135i Coupe- Both similar new selling prices and the BMW was already $6K higher priced used than the Taurus within the same model year of release!

Its like they used to say Beanie Babies would be collectable and then mass produced them so idiots would buy them up. Funny-havent seen a lot of people paying up for one of those...:lol:

Not knockin Ford- just the idea of paying what there asking when the data just doesnt support the hype is silly

:cheers:

·
Registered
458 Posts
I was in Germany this year and i drove ford there ... there is big difference in ford there and here .... and forgot to mention its diesel ....

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Yeah even Ford has begun advertising campaigns around this stating their cars are "expected" to outperform Toyota's at resale value. Well here's my issue with that. Was at a Carmax and saw a 2010 Taurus SHO and a 2010 BMW 135i Coupe- Both similar new selling prices and the BMW was already $6K higher priced used than the Taurus within the same model year of release!
Thats not really a fair comparison. Just cause both had a simular MSRP new doesn't mean there going to hold the same resale value. How many miles were on both vehicles? Your also comparing to completely different class of vehicles. BMW's also generaly keep there value alot more than most manufactuers.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Face it... Ford depriciates faster than most foriegn brands. My brother in law traded in his 37K 2007 F-150 Lariat with under 50K and took it to three different dealerships and best he could do was 12.5K trading into another new truck of equal value or higher. And it was paid for!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts