Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope that all of our COFJ'ers are ok. Watching the reports of all the tornados look bad. Let us know, CoCHEF and others, if you are ok. :heart:

UNC is also closing early do to the weather.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One was a mile in width.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Yep. Nasty!

Hey, I've been thinking about this kind of thing lately.....does anyone know if there is any sort of effort underway to coordinate FJers to caravan to help in natural disasters, etc?

Not that, if you couldn't find any other FJers to go with you shouldn't go help, but it might be cool, show up like a rescue team.

Of course, this one probably doesn't qualify in the immediate term (municipalities will most likely have the worst stuff under control), but perhaps we could even show up with some supplies or soemthing.

Anyone else interested in such ideas (for this one, or for planning future disaster preparedness FJ-teams)?

steven

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I hope all is well in CO! All of you are in my prayers!

Mike

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yep. Nasty!

Hey, I've been thinking about this kind of thing lately.....does anyone know if there is any sort of effort underway to coordinate FJers to caravan to help in natural disasters, etc?

Not that, if you couldn't find any other FJers to go with you shouldn't go help, but it might be cool, show up like a rescue team.

Of course, this one probably doesn't qualify in the immediate term (municipalities will most likely have the worst stuff under control), but perhaps we could even show up with some supplies or soemthing.

Anyone else interested in such ideas (for this one, or for planning future disaster preparedness FJ-teams)?

steven
I like this idea very much! Count me in, work permitting...

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Yep. Nasty!

steven
That's a great idea, however, there is a HUMMER organization set up for the same purposes. From what I read, they had a hard time at first, but now they're well established and recognized.

Good luck!

Mike

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steven I love the idea. We can all put our minds together and put something together.

All the storms have subsided. There might have been 8 tornados, they are not sure yet.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Pretty scarry, we just moved from the area (milliken) about a month and a half ago, but I have a great deal of friends who are living in Chaos right now. I am concerned with people trying to take advantage of the situation, as I have seen in the past, un reputable companies raising their prices and sticking it to those in need. but, on a better note, I am trying to find a contact point for food/supply donations. My plan is to start a pay pal account for donations so that I can buy food through one of my purveyors(those who dont know, I am a chef, and can get great pricing on food through my vendors). I think that this way monies donated could get more bang for the buck, and we can assure that the food is going to where it is needed. I will probably set the account up in the name of my restaurant so that people wont be so concerned about giving money to " some guy named Robbie" Im trying to get some of these purveyors to match money or at least drop some pricing. I will keep you all posted. Colorado, lets step up big for this. Its our back yard. As for the rest, lets watch the produce pricing, but especially the beef industry. The swift plant had massive damage, some feed plants were destroyed, lots of crops. The tornado hit a very agricultural are of NoCO.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Steven I love the idea. We can all put our minds together and put something together.

All the storms have subsided. There might have been 8 tornados, they are not sure yet.
I like the idea also, if we get somthing started keep me posted.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
We just had several tornados touch down in sunny Southern Cal. Knocked over a train, took down some telephone lines and jacked knifed a big rig. Add a couple earthquakes and home values should get real affordable, fast. :thinkerg:

The wife just said the Colorado tornado looks real bad. Hope everyone is OK?

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts

Jackie, as far as I can tell, this just goes to their home page (www.fjccentral.com) = any help on a specific link would be good.

steven

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Pretty scarry, we just moved from the area (milliken) about a month and a half ago, but I have a great deal of friends who are living in Chaos right now. I am concerned with people trying to take advantage of the situation, as I have seen in the past, un reputable companies raising their prices and sticking it to those in need. but, on a better note, I am trying to find a contact point for food/supply donations. My plan is to start a pay pal account for donations so that I can buy food through one of my purveyors(those who dont know, I am a chef, and can get great pricing on food through my vendors). I think that this way monies donated could get more bang for the buck, and we can assure that the food is going to where it is needed. I will probably set the account up in the name of my restaurant so that people wont be so concerned about giving money to " some guy named Robbie" Im trying to get some of these purveyors to match money or at least drop some pricing. I will keep you all posted. Colorado, lets step up big for this. Its our back yard. As for the rest, lets watch the produce pricing, but especially the beef industry. The swift plant had massive damage, some feed plants were destroyed, lots of crops. The tornado hit a very agricultural are of NoCO.
I'm in for this. Keep us posted, indeed, Chef.

steven

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
...Hey, I've been thinking about this kind of thing lately.....does anyone know if there is any sort of effort underway to coordinate FJers to caravan to help in natural disasters, etc?

steven
I like this idea very much! Count me in, work permitting...
That's a great idea, however, there is a HUMMER organization set up for the same purposes. From what I read, they had a hard time at first, but now they're well established and recognized.
Good luck!
Mike
I like the idea also, if we get somthing started keep me posted.
I guess if nothing else, those qualified can join in with F.E.A.T., but if anyone wants to do something FJ-specific, that's cool too.

FYI, I have tomorrow off from work, and if anyone hears about a specific need that we could meet tomorrow, let me know....I'll be there.

steven

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts