Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please keep all the families that were effected by the Tornado's & storms yesterday in your thoughts & prayers.

I know of 2 forum members that were directly effected.

Addictronics, lost his home & FJ.

BigEd78, lost his company truck.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I was watching videos,reading & seen pics of that mess.Words can't say how sorry I am for thoose people.

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
There should be a check-in thread so we know our folks are ok. If they're not ok, then we should at least know what's going on with them if others have info.

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
I know I haven't been on here much lately but isn't Scott in AL? Has anyone heard from him?

·
Registered
201 Posts
We were very fortunate and everything went around us but others in our area were not as blessed.

The northwestern edge of Birmingham and Tuscaloosa were both hammered. Complete devastation. It was a very tense evening around here.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I haven't been on here much lately but isn't Scott in AL? Has anyone heard from him?
Yeah, same area as Ed & Misty. Scott & Alysia posted on Facebook last night, but we have heard from today.

Phil is without power in Huntsville, AL.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There should be a check-in thread so we know our folks are ok. If they're not ok, then we should at least know what's going on with them if others have info.
I changed the thread title, thanks for the :thinkerg: Tina :)

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Virgina got hit to this morning. I talked to Matt (Matt07FJ) this afternoon and everyone is ok. It hit just a few miles from his parents house and his dad's truck got damage from the hail. And then Jon's neighborhood was also hit but their home is fine. So the VA FJ group is good.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Tornados missed me by literally 3 miles, destroyed the town just down the road from me, then jumped the ridge, and decimated the town on the other side of the ridge from me. Over 30 people dead in my area, and it looks like a bomb went off. Sad stuff, I consider myself very lucky, and I'm keeping those affected in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They are showing the Epic Outbreak on The WeatherChannel now. It's unreal to see the live videos.

I've been in the middle of a F5 in downtown Nashville a few years back and don't want to be in that position again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Me, my family, and homes are okay. I was at work in Chattanooga when the first one hit on Wednesday morning. They sent us home when it was over, which is Ider, AL for me (on Sand Mountain)... The weather cleared off and everybody was outside cleaning up debris and early afternoon through almost midnight it was one storm system after another. My best friend and her husband lost everything-3 vehicles, house, all belongings. They couldnt salvage anything. Some of their wedding pics have been found in Lenoir City, TN which is probably 150-200 miles away. Several families from my church lost their homes or were badly damaged. Please keep the entire South in your thoughts and prayers. I'm blessed, not lucky :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts