Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a guy that will rebuild my TC but he needs the converter code to match it perfectly to my trans. I have searched hi and low and Toyota will not give out this number. The number is on the TC it's self. My fj is an 07 4 x 4. I really need your help. I can't afford to have my fj down for a week or two while I send him mine.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm in the same boat and you will probly be the first guy on the forum to due outside the dealer transmission work. If so your work and venture will be very usefull for the next guy (me). There are a few guys on here the work for or have dealer connections, might just take them a minute to track them down so be paitient grasshopper.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The way it's looking, I'm going to have to send him mine. I really don't want to do that. He said that he can rebuild it in 48 hours, but the shipping is what I'm concerned about. Every time I've ordered something from california it takes so long at coustoms. I want to eleminate as much down time as possible.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
just waiting for the income tax return! i will keep updating as the progress happens. i hope my thread helps some of my 07 fj owners brothers. once he has the frist TC, he can duplicate and beff up with tighter clearances and a lower stall rpm, in turn less heat and more power to the pavement.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the 3 digit code. I don't if I should post it for legal reasons. But you can PM me and I can give it to you. With this code you can reproduce a TC for the 07 4x4 fjc. I hope this helps some of brothers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
320 is the number. just didn't want "toyota" to get mad. wasn't sure if it was cool or not. hope it is. :). PM me and ill give you the shop. here's a hint. it's the first card in the deck............Converters.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TC has been rebuilt and is in shipping. Should be here by the end of next week. He was impressed with the build of the TC but, the clearances where way to big. This is what is causing the overheating. The clearances between the two major components is what he tightened up. In turn creating less heat, more power to the pavement and better gas mileage. Next update will come when it's in and driven for a while.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its in and so far so good. no shudder. noticable off the line take off. pulls like a whure. total cost of TC plus shipping, ruffly 480 bones. 600 to pull the trans and replace the TC. so for just over a G you get a healthy trans and TC that will run cooler and get you more power to the pavement. only ace converters ( edge racing ) has the codes to rebuild one. they can rebuild one in 48 hrs once they have a core.. i hope my headacke was worth it for someone besides myself. my rig was down for 5 weeks :-(

·
Registered
2007 FJ
268 Posts
I know it's late in the game, but thanks for the thread! :cheers:

·
Registered
2 Posts
its in and so far so good. no shudder. noticable off the line take off. pulls like a whure. total cost of TC plus shipping, ruffly 480 bones. 600 to pull the trans and replace the TC. so for just over a G you get a healthy trans and TC that will run cooler and get you more power to the pavement. only ace converters ( edge racing ) has the codes to rebuild one. they can rebuild one in 48 hrs once they have a core.. i hope my headacke was worth it for someone besides myself. my rig was down for 5 weeks :-(
So my '07 4x4 is shuddering in first to second... Checking in to see how the repair went?

Still running good? Do you recall how miles you had on it when you made the fix? How many now? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
68 Posts
So my '07 4x4 is shuddering in first to second... Checking in to see how the repair went?

Still running good? Do you recall how miles you had on it when you made the fix? How many now? Thanks for the help!
Josh...are you getting the vibration as it shifts from 1st to 2nd? I have this too, only under low acceleration though. If i do a hard acceleration it shifts fine. How about yours?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts