Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after months of planning and acquiring stereo equipment it has all come together! I dropped off my FJ at Wicked C.A.S., makers of the Wicked CAS FJ Cruiser "Magic Box", in Kingston, NH on Dec. 22nd to have the entire truck Dynamatted and have the entire stereo system installed. I received a call on Jan. 5th at 4:30 pm stating that I could pick up my truck the following day. Well I am posting this 5 hours after I picked the truck up because I had to go cruising in it!:rocker:

All I can say is that the guys at Wicked C.A.S. went above and beyond my expectations! They pretty much had free raines to express themselves with the exception that I did not want to lose cargo space or have boxes, components and so on in the cargo area. It was either mounting the amps in the headliner or making a false floor in the cargo area of the FJ. So other than saving cargo space and not making it too Bling Bling, I think that these guys must have been reading my mind!

The following is a list of components installed:

Pioneer AVIC-D2
Pioneer CD-1B100II Ipod interface
Pioneer ND-BC1 backup camera
SIR-PNR2634094800 Siruis adaptor
PAC SWI-PS steering wheel adaptor
Compustar P2W900FM-AS alarm, remote start and 2 way paging
Focal 100 KP & 165 KBE (front stage)
Focal 165 K2P (rear stage)
2 JL Audio 10W6V2
Hifonics XX Olympus bridged to 2ch on front stage
Hifonics ZX4400 bridged to 2ch rear stage
Hifonics XX Zeus mono to subwoofer
Stinger 5 Farad hybrid capacitor
Stinger 10 Farad hybrid capacitor
0 aug wire
3 Bundles Dynamat Extreme threw out entire vehicle including the roof
Tach mat under the front floors
Wicked C.A.S. custom subwoofer fiberglass box
Custom mounted amplifiers
Custom Suede Headliner

The sound quality is absolutely amazing! The placement of the Focal 165 KBE in the front pillars make for a great front sound stage. The system is very loud but crystal clear at the same time. There is no distortion even at high volumes. I tested the sound with "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC and "Hotel California" by the Eagles and all I can say is WOW! You hear everything and when the bass hits it goes through your chest!

Also the dynamatting of the entire truck eliminates road noise, wind noise from the roof rack and the noise from the TRD exhaust. Most importantly there are no rattles at all when you are thumping. It is also amazing that there is only 1 wire for the entire system that can be seen without removing panels or anything else and that is the 2ft of 0 aug going from the battery through the firewall!

Below is the link to the pics!

Blue FJ Sean

·
Registered
499 Posts
Holy ****! What a setup....awesome idea for amps in the headliner. Congrats it looks fantastic. You might as well post up the damage as everyone is going to want to know.

·
Registered
295 Posts
wow! that is an awsome looking install, specailly the amp locations. wow! :jawdrop:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Looks sweet. They can probably retire on the install costs too. I'd be curious to see how much extra weight was added to the truck with all that stuff. Better update your insurance policy ASAP!!!!

BTW, the link didn't work for me. I had to go to the gallery and search. Truck looks nice. Do you have the side curtain airbags?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I can only imagine that it must sound like a concert inside the FJ.

Enjoy your awesome stereo install and sound stage.

Cya

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow. Ve-ry Swe-et!

How much for a setup like that including labor?

Here's Alf again for absolutely no reason----->:alf:

·
Registered
537 Posts
i cant see the pics
That sucks for you cause it's really cool! Awesome idea on the amp rack! I love it!

So?..how much did the whole thing cost?

·
Registered
499 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Sweet and I bet a lot of cash. All blue on the amp lights and it's perfect

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks sweet. They can probably retire on the install costs too. I'd be curious to see how much extra weight was added to the truck with all that stuff. Better update your insurance policy ASAP!!!!

BTW, the link didn't work for me. I had to go to the gallery and search. Truck looks nice. Do you have the side curtain airbags?
Fixed
Doing that today! Will try to take out a separate policy just for the sound system.

i cant see the pics
New link attached. Sorry!!!

My fault, I was clicking on the first link . I didnt even notice the same one in his sig. I love the setup,totally badass
See new link!

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Hands down, the best d#$n, custom install in a FJC to date. Great job!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Very nice! I thought about puting in something like that for my Ipod in that little spot as well....but then where would I put my cell phone :)

I'm going to guess on the cost...let's say about $11,500 installed...Am I close?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Judging by the ad on his page, I'm going to bet that he got himself a fine deal. I can't blame him; I'd have sold my soul to the devil to own that system myself.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm going to guess on the cost...let's say about $11,500 installed...Am I close?
O.K. I give up! I have not offered up the total cost because I do not wish to get flamed!!! I like my music crystal clear and like for the install to look as much as factory as possible without sacrificing sound. I also like some custom work to make the vehicle my own and does not look like every other one on the road. I do not have the time to do these things myself although I would love to. Some choose to mod the exterior and I choose to mod the interior! So to me to invest the money that I did was well worth it. Also everything is integrated into the vehicle and will hopefully deter thieves from messing with it and if not, I have a Compustar 2 way paging alarm and LoJack! The final cost of everything is about $9,300.

Stay tuned for more... maybe 2 more subs, leather, etc.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I can't say much that hasn't already been said. That's by far the best install posted here yet. I love the way they integrated the speakers into the a-pillars, the door speaker grills are works of art, and I love the amp location and the back seat speaker panels. The modified face plate around the head unit was a nice touch too. Some of these ideas will no doubt be used as models for other installs.

But I was surprised they didn't do anything with the speakers in the d-pillars. They look out of place, being the only stock thing left. Any plans?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But I was surprised they didn't do anything with the speakers in the d-pillars. They look out of place, being the only stock thing left. Any plans?
I chose not to go with any speakers back there as it would be a waste of money and not add much if anything to overall sound quality. However I just won a pair of blank panels on ebay that I will be replacing the stock grill covers with.

·
Registered
346 Posts
O.K. I give up! I have not offered up the total cost because I do not wish to get flamed!!! I like my music crystal clear and like for the install to look as much as factory as possible without sacrificing sound. I also like some custom work to make the vehicle my own and does not look like every other one on the road. I do not have the time to do these things myself although I would love to. Some choose to mod the exterior and I choose to mod the interior! So to me to invest the money that I did was well worth it. Also everything is integrated into the vehicle and will hopefully deter thieves from messing with it and if not, I have a Compustar 2 way paging alarm and LoJack! The final cost of everything is about $9,300.

Stay tuned for more... maybe 2 more subs, leather, etc.
No flaming from me...that's an great set up...the way I see it, you got a deal...I figured I might even be under for the cost.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts