Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have a passenger side front door and suicide door that I could take off there hands? I have a blue FJ, but color doesn't bother me (going to be completely repainted anyways..)

Local would be best...I am in Santa Clarita, CA 91355 but willing to drive.
Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you get into an accident?
Yes Wayne got into a little accident a couple weeks ago.

Want an expla? I was making a right turn out of the post office on Foothill Blvd in Sylmar. I left about just enough room for a car to SQUEEZE between me and the curb. I was coming from the mailbox thing you put mail into and the turn is extremely sharp so I couldnt hug the curb (unless I reversed). So the traffic clears and I hook a sharp right to get into the closest lane to the curb and BAM!

Girl tried to SQUEEZE her explorer between me and the curb and she ended up in my bliind spot. She insisted that I was turning left even though I had my right turn signal on. This is the best part... IT's A RIGHT TURN ONLY!!!

I am still unsure whether or not she was sitting there or she was rolling forward at the time. She nailed both doors and took a chunk out of my Pro COmp Xtreme M/T's and my rim. Shop estimated around $4500 MINIMUM cost.

So basically I am going to ATTEMPT to get a check for all the damages and then fix it a different way. If that is even possible.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
her fault, unless she has witnesses saying you were trying to turn left. collect the insurance money, and go with tube doors!!!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
her fault, unless she has witnesses saying you were trying to turn left. collect the insurance money, and go with tube doors!!!
like the tube doors.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely her fault, she had one witness saying it was my fault. But they can't prove that I was going to make an illegal manuever. Especially when I had my right turn signal on the whole time.

Tube doors? I have too much money put into the interior of the FJ!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Ouch... She wasn't paying attention was she.. You guys actually have a Shakeys pizza.. wow.. We haven't had one in 40 years. I hear that you also have H Salt fish and chips.. You folks have everything.. but I digress. Ron

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Nice hunk out of the tire. And it didn't go flat?! I like the 'hills' behind the Shakeys in the background.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice hunk out of the tire. And it didn't go flat?! I like the 'hills' behind the Shakeys in the background.
No it has held up really well actually! Been through Miller Trail and Holy Jim. Deflated. I am quite suprised, you know I will be buying these meats again.

The hills look pretty neat too. I actually really like how the "right turn only" picture came out (photography wise).

·
Registered
547 Posts
so any chance that your OEM rock rail was damaged n youd wanna sell your driverside? (I dont know if you have OEM rails but just throwin it out there.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so any chance that your OEM rock rail was damaged n youd wanna sell your driverside? (I dont know if you have OEM rails but just throwin it out there.
I don't even have rock rails. Sorry!

Okay so AAA doesn't cash out. I am going to take it to the best shop in the valley and have it all fixed. It is going to look LAME with 2 brand new painted doors and the rest of the FJ looking like crap with scratches. Might just take the plunge and get the whole thing painted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
They are suppose to polish out the whole car for you after they paint your new doors. If your paint is decent still, it can be brought back to life. They have to try to blend the new paint to the old. AAA is very easy to work with.:lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts